Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lirr public beta almost ready

So Rick. With the coming Beta release of the Long Island, Will there be a LIRR set in the near future?
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    So Rick. With the coming Beta release of the Long Island, Will there be a LIRR set in the near future?
    A lot of potential here? If you look a little broader than the route here's era there are different types of stock and quite a few different liveries. BTW Rick I see you did the C-Liner skins on the LIRR versions here in the Library? It would be good to see those updated with some of the added possibilities that OR brings?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Well . . . I had it almost ready. All sidings marked. All speedposts in place. 22 activities tested ( three are freight ) and BOOM!!
    Two tiles puked wiping out half of the Moneola Junction buildings and scenery just gone.
    I had been working to get the last freight activity tuned up when suddenly messages stating 'missing track itrm' ect ect ect.
    I go looking at the location that was generating the complaints (I was working 30 miles away other side of LI) and utter destruction in Mineola. Ahh... no problem got backups . . . . oops they'r corrupted to. I had to go back to my 6-11-2016 disk.
    Guess what I wrote on the disk label . . . "LIRR_061116_BU . . . .and under the title . . . .Begin interavtive install. Figures
    I swear I was running RR diagnostics EVERY day I edited and never saw an error.
    Now this may have been me mixing up route version folders when I was ruducing the size of the route. Shooting oneself in the foot hurts!

Oh well, slight delay.
    I was successful in repairing six End_Vector_Node bugs and FINALLY getting the TDB rebuilder to run to the 'All Tiles Visited' good completion. One upside, I haven't been able to run the TDB rebuild for over 2 years now so THAT bug is finally put to bed.
    Now I have those 22 activities which now won't run because all the interactives have gone bye-bye. So I begin again to install the interactives. BTW, two of the End_Vector bugs were caused by end of track in Rockaway Park were right on a tile boundry wth the boundry being crossed by 2.5 meter track sections. I will have to either extend (don't want to) or shorten the platform (preferred keep away from tile boundry. And who knows what caused the Mineola disaster? That's my RE, ready to bite my ass any time. . . . sigh . . . .good practice putting in the interactives and big bonus, I used Static Object Speed Limit signs because the Interactive US Speed limit sign didn't match the LIRR so I buried them out of sight. So no problem locating the new interactives.
    Back to . . . . . whatever.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Didn't that also happen to the NEC?....

Yes, more than 3 but less than 10.
    I forget exactly how many times. I remember the time I was installing roads near Wilmington and the TDB went FUBAR in Baltimore.

Not too bad this time just lost time installing those interactives needed for testing, speed limits platforms and sidings.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thanks for persisting, Vince. I'm looking forward to this route, and I know how frustrating route building can be.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Thanks for the update. Hopefully, you'll be able to rebuild the damaged parts, without too much trouble. Thanks for your effort on this.
    Last edited by rrroberttt; 09-03-2016 at 02:44 PM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    A lot of potential here? If you look a little broader than the route here's era there are different types of stock and quite a few different liveries. BTW Rick I see you did the C-Liner skins on the LIRR versions here in the Library? It would be good to see those updated with some of the added possibilities that OR brings?

@Cory, Good news is that it is 'on the list'... Bad news is it's a very long list, and I'm busier than ever with 'real work'

@Geoff, Yeah, my skins. Bill Alder did excellent work, creating a TON of FM models for MSTS. I haven't corresponded with him in years, don't even know if he's still doing models. I think I did New Haven, NYC and LIRR... he also create the old UA TurboTrain which I skinned in a number of real and fictional liveries...

I think I still have his email address...