Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI trains problems in timetable mode

As I discovered with another route, the $wait command only works when the AI train and the players train are the first on the line. Now I have a timetable where there run several AI trains on this unsignalled single track line before the player train starts. The first trains to meet headon in the meeting-station get stuck and all the trains that come later can't pass any more. I tried every possible combination with passing paths, the trains paths don't end on the starting track of the others, $wait commands for all trains, $wait commands for the trains approaching first, etc. Maybe I have to take the plunge and bury signals for the stations (I really don't like that solution very much)

A normal $wait command will only work if the train exists when the condition is checked. If you want a train to wait for another train which has not yet started, use $wait /notstarted.

Regards,
    Rob Roeterdink

Sorry for new reply to old thread. I am having similar problem of train skipping station in timetable mode when the main platform is occupied by a crossing train. I have specified the passing path in the path and also the alternative platform name in time table mode, but it appears that it doesn't recognize the platform stop and skips to the next station.

In the track viewer when I clicked on I found that the station name is same as platform name in the route which is not ideal (i.e. station name is not common). Is this an issue? Should the station name be changed to common name and only the platform names different?

Is there a fix to this issue without having to edit the route database?

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatone1980 View Post
    Sorry for new reply to old thread. I am having similar problem of train skipping station in timetable mode when the main platform is occupied by a crossing train. I have specified the passing path in the path and also the alternative platform name in time table mode, but it appears that it doesn't recognize the platform stop and skips to the next station.

In the track viewer when I clicked on I found that the station name is same as platform name in the route which is not ideal (i.e. station name is not common). Is this an issue?
    Yes.

Should the station name be changed to common name and only the platform names different?
    Yes.

No, not when using passing path.
    Best option is not to use passing path but fixed paths (perhaps with wait command). If the timetable defines that trains are to pass at this station, there is no need to use passing paths.

Regards,
    Rob Roeterdink

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatone1980 View Post

In the track viewer when I clicked on I found that the station name is same as platform name in the route which is not ideal (i.e. station name is not common). Is this an issue?
    Yes.

Should the station name be changed to common name and only the platform names different?
    Yes.

Best option is not to use passing path but fixed paths (perhaps with wait command). If the timetable defines that trains are to pass at this station, there is no need to use passing paths.

Regards,
    Rob Roeterdink

Thanks for the reply.

I have edited the .tdb file and changed station names to be common for all platforms for that particular station which is always better. This also meant that I had to change the timetable to specify the correct station name. This has resolved the issue. (I did back up the original route .tdb file though).

Quote Originally Posted by roeter View Post
    Yes.

Yes.

Regards,
    Rob Roeterdink
    The reason for using the passing path is that, it seems more flexible. On a single line route, with a station with 2 platforms, one crossing train (train A) has a stop, while the other (train B) does not. The train B reaches the station (on the main line) first, halts at red signal and occupies the "platform" allotted for the train A. I could have obviously allotted the other platform for the train A, but the loop platform line has a restricted speed limit and I would prefer that if there is no crossing train from the other direction, the train A halts on the main line platform rather than going into the loop line. (in case I make timetable changes, I prefer this flexibility)