Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursdays changes.

Always blame DTG first MM, when more than likely the problem is on your computer. Just tried Clear Creek and works fine for me. Yes what Marc said.
    Last edited by Flybyme; 09-20-2016 at 09:32 PM.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Found a major change - steam engines on several routes, particularly Clear Creek, are now UNPLAYABLE.

Thank you for cheating me, DTG.
    I've just tried one of the steam scenarios that came with Clear Creek and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by latimers View Post
    I've just tried one of the steam scenarios that came with Clear Creek and it worked fine.
    I tried to continue one of mine and the engine was uncontrollable. Want to swap? ;-)

Perhaps if you explain what you mean by "UNPLAYABLE" and "uncontrollable" instead of just having a hissy fit, somebody might be able to suggest a solution.

Based on a very small sample, the problem appears to be just with your installation.

MM what are the specs of your computer ?
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by latimers View Post
    Perhaps if you explain what you mean by "UNPLAYABLE" and "uncontrollable" instead of just having a hissy fit, somebody might be able to suggest a solution.

Based on a very small sample, the problem appears to be just with your installation.

And maybe, just maybe, if you started you posts with something other than an open insult you would be worth talking to. Assuming that you actually play this game, the simple words "uncontrollable" and "unplayable" are self-explanatory, but if neccesary Google or Bing can explain them to you.

I rest my case!

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    .... the simple words "uncontrollable" and "unplayable" are self-explanatory.....
    They're not, actually.
    Whilst they state a situation, neither word provides sufficient information in itself to describe or detail the level of uncontrollability or unplayability.
    An analogy would be an Apollo 13 astronaut advising Houston that his spacecraft is "uncontrollable".
    That word alone gives the people on the ground absolutely nothing on which to base a possible work-around.

Get the idea?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    I really do hope that DTG raise the bar when they release TSW, if they are going to keep putting the same poor fuzzy ground textures and silly rocks onto their maps, then, I won't be buying into any of their future projects. It's 2016 now, we're all using DX11 and 12 and graphics cards of 4GB, I didn't waste money on a new computer to play with 1990s visuals.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 09-22-2016 at 02:42 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.