Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursdays changes.

Default Thursdays changes.

Does anyone know what is going to be different besides the intro video saying train simulator 2017 on Thursday when the game gets updated? All this talk about the December Beta and nothing about what is being changed right now come this Thursday.

It's Thursday now. What's the answer?

Not much change, except perhaps the splash screens and tweaks to the menu colors. Other than that, it appears to be business as usual.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

From what I've read on various websites tonight nothing major has changed at all, its version number has gone from 57.7b to 58.3, and that's about it really, a new splashscreen and a few tweaks under the hood, BUT, there aren't any critical errors, or, anything to get you too hot under the collar for any reason, it's a free annual upgrade, no bugs, no errors, nothing to worry about, which makes a change.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

In other words, a whole more hype for NOTHING...as usual.

Must concur, front end makeover. Need to check for any performance improvement running route editor on the laptop (i.e. not screaming like a hair-dryer on afterburners) but I somehow doubt there will be any.

Update: Just loaded one of my dormant route projects and performed a few basic operations. The laptop wasn't quite going into hairdryer mode as before, albeit only a five minute test. Other factors could be at play and of course as TS2017 installs and you click on the "Update News", there's no technical information about changes under the hood which might actually be useful to power users, fixes etc. just more PR blurb.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 09-17-2016 at 05:54 AM.
    Vern.

All is good if DTG didn't actually botch the game functionality like they normally do or needlessly mess around with the menu system like they did a couple of years ago. It's time to let Steam update my Train Sim then. I made a backup anyway.

Further re the route editor. Bored with what I've been working on in MSTS, on a hunch after reading an item at UKTS I set the FPS cap at 30. This has to be done within the Steam properties via a command line field, nothing in the TS menus to enable it or for that matter VSync, way to go DTG. Anyhow I digress, but doing a quick setup of another one of my vapourware routes, loading the DEM, calling up the GE overlay and starting to place track, the hardware seems to be doing much better. I even turned up a few of the detail settings to task things a little more, but seems to be holding steady.

It could just be coincidence of course and the lesson was actually learned from ORTS on the desktop where the FPS left unchecked was overworking the hardware. Limit the FPS (or set Vsync which AFAIK isn't an option anywhere for TS2017) the the boiling pot reduces to a gentle simmer.
    Vern.

Found a major change - steam engines on several routes, particularly Clear Creek, are now UNPLAYABLE.

Thank you for cheating me, DTG.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    steam engines on several routes, particularly Clear Creek, are now UNPLAYABLE.
    What do you mean by "unplayable"? Did you verify game cache?

You appear to be the only one experiencing this. Maybe retribution for your many past colorful comments?
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature