Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euphoria - A Run8 Music Video

Default Euphoria - A Run8 Music Video

So some people say Run8 is nothing but crap. Bad graphics and memory issues. But I disagree. In the right light, Run8 truly shines as a simulator and has let me do more (and mod more) than any other sim to date.
    So I created a music video to showcase the beauty of the sim. (Light Bloom is an awesome thing)

Enjoy! I also would love to hear your feedback!

Last edited by digitrax83; 10-01-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Fixed the youtube link
    "Skippy Granola's groovy dreamcatcher is pickin' up some bummer vibes." -Rell Julian. Bulletstorm
    Run8 Western Site Founder www.run8western.com

I'm not too sure why you got so many thumbs down on your video. I suspect it's due to the reskin in place and they do look cool. Not sure how legal that is but for private use I don't see an issue. Of course this is all V1 and V2 will only make things better. You ran over lots of territory that I haven't run in a while.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by digitrax83 View Post
    Enjoy! I also would love to hear your feedback!
    The music detracts from the overall effect.
    The sounds in R8 are particularly good and deserve to be heard yet you have blanked them out with a music track which does nothing for the video at all.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Haven't watched the clip but "Euphoria" used to be a brand of trance/techno music (if you can call something without at least some electric guitar, music) sold on CD in the UK!
    Vern.

I enjoyed the video ... with the sound turned completely off. But, Run8 is just not for me. Political screeds from the Run 8 Studio owners and the primitive scenery are why.
    Last edited by ftldave; 10-04-2016 at 08:54 AM. Reason: fix txt
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

Quote Originally Posted by ftldave View Post
    ...... Political screeds from the Run 8 Studio owners .....
    Huh?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Huh?
    An incident back when Run8 was first released, when a very indiscrete political rant from one of the owners was posted. Never happened again, far as I know. Bad for business.
    Last edited by ftldave; 10-04-2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: add txt
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

So a political screed - singular.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    So a political screed - singular.
    Considering the multiple topics that were covered, I think plural is quite correct.

Screed: long and often angry writing that accuses someone of something or complains about something.
    - FTLDave

I can't recall the political "screed" but I have seen religious references in their MSTS products, John something or other I think it was as a location on Tehachapi or Cajon.

And I'm suspecting the sentiments were more aligned with Mr Trump than Jeremy Corbyn (wiki reference for those not familiar with the current UK political scene: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Corbyn).

Nevertheless, I'm not going to let that put me off buying the sim!
    Vern.