Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am a bit worried...

Default I am a bit worried...

Worried about my good friend, Otto Wipfel (OTTODAD) who has remained quiet from this forum for at least 3-4 days. He is my age, 87, and things can happen quickly at this age. He has not answered my Email to him and I think from others for about the days given...

Lord, look over and protect my good friend, Otto, I pray...

Bill

I was thinking the same thing.
    Otto's most recent post was Sept 21. That is a long gap for such a prolific contributor.

I hope he is ok

Quote Originally Posted by usnret View Post
    Worried about my good friend, Otto Wipfel (OTTODAD) who has remained quiet from this forum for at least 3-4 days. He is my age, 87, and things can happen quickly at this age. He has not answered my Email to him and I think from others for about the days given...

Lord, look over and protect my good friend, Otto, I pray...

Bill
    Kevin

I am wondering about Otto as well. He is a good friend of the Train Sim community here. I am 76 and I know how health can change in an instant.
    Regards Stu

I agree, it is strange not hearing anything from him.
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Anyone know the name of the place Otto lives, just says England on his posts.

Paul

Got me concerned too, fellas. I just emailed him on the 27th of last month and haven't got a reply back as yet. He usually gets back with me a day or two later at the most. Always reached out to help me when I asked of him. May the Good Lord touch, heal and keep our dear friend Otto in health and safety, according to his will.**

Moe
    RRFL
    Retired Foreman UPRR

Unless one leaves instructions about who to contact via the internet in the event of accident or death then the fate of one may never be known.
    I have a feeling that Otto lives alone and if he is disabled or sick - or worse - and there is nothing to help anyone who goes into his home then they would not know what email and/or forum contacts he may have.

For those of us who have made friends and acquaintances via emails or forums and want them to hear about our fate then make a list NOW and place it next to your computer or in any docs that you may have prepared for such an event.

I did this three years ago; it's all on a USB stick which my wife/children can easily pop into their PC and then read the information and my instructions. I update/change as needed.

Think of it as a "living will" or, if you prefer, a "What To Do If I Can't" document.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I suspect (and hope) the reality is more mundane than that - I believe he was getting a bit upset at some of the "anti-Otto" sentiments being expressed in response to some of his forum posts and has decided to take a timeout. That said, it has happened in the past and he always bounced back in a day or two. Let's hope everything is okay, oh and presumably the other thing is he hasn't managed to get himself banned either temporarily or permanently... !
    Vern.

Doesn't he live in Gloucester? Somewhere like Wotton under Edge? pH

Last email contact I had was 15 Sep

Hope and pray all is well
    Intel i7-6700k 4.0GHz 32GB memory, GTX TITAN X24GB 384-Bit PCI Express 3.0 SLI bridged Windows 10 Pro 64