Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: For the CSX fan in you.

If you must post CSX pics .....you might at least take a few seconds to do what SHOULD be done in all screenshot posts? Namely tell us whose models are used, what route is used etc.

This also helps those searching for pictures of specific models or routes rather than just the Railroad.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    you might at least take a few seconds to do what SHOULD be done in all screenshot posts? Namely tell us whose models are used, what route is used etc.

Why? So those who don't buy payware can still NOT buy payware while resting comfortably that they now know?

You might not know this, but the people who pretty much buy all payware are granted exemptions from just such an onerous screenshot posting workload requirement.

Love the Flickr hosting better than the photobucket. Those with large monitors can see the full image.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Why? So those who don't buy payware can still NOT buy payware while resting comfortably that they now know?

You might not know this, but the people who pretty much buy all payware are granted exemptions from just such an onerous screenshot posting workload requirement.
    ....well I might want them to "name and shame" ......because not all payware is that good?? It's not just the stock anyway. It's the routes. It is also part of the preferred way of posting screenshots (I hate rules but this is a reasonable one?).

In fact most of the folk posting stuff of the era that interests me (see earlier posts in the thread) do it already.

BTW I agree about seeing the full image. A big plus.
    Geoff
    UK

Lateagain i understand you want all that information but to tell you the truth unless it becomes a absolute requirement to post pics i doubt i ever will i just don't feel like it. Most of the stuff i post is Diesels west with a little SLI in there to and the rest being mostly freeware and as far as rolling stock its a bit of everything.To tell you the truth and as far as rules and and doing things a preferred way i never have been good at that just isn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by chilla View Post
    Lateagain i understand you want all that information but to tell you the truth unless it becomes a absolute requirement to post pics i doubt i ever will i just don't feel like it. Most of the stuff i post is Diesels west with a little SLI in there to and the rest being mostly freeware and as far as rolling stock its a bit of everything.To tell you the truth and as far as rules and and doing things a preferred way i never have been good at that just isn't me.
    "ALL THAT INFORMATION"

Firstly it takes a fraction of the time that uploading images does to type in the required information and

Secondly you seem to miss the point that it helps find images in a forum search ....or SHOULD do?

No one's looking for, or expecting, a stock list! Just a caption at the beginning of the post saying where the loco's are from, where the stock is from and what route the shots are taken in.

It's as much a courtesy CREDIT to the modellers or reskinners as anything else?
    Geoff
    UK

You know you seem kinda anal about this whole thing you should chill out its not the end of the world you know.

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post

It's as much a courtesy CREDIT to the modellers or reskinners as anything else?
    No one gives courtesy credit anymore. Why do you think so many people could care less about releasing stuff to the public including this site? It's all gimmie gimmie gimmie, but not much thanking for how much time and how much effort one took to produce things. It's why I don't bother with route building or shape creation anymore, just simple 5-10 minute repaints that any person with simple knowledge of a paint program could do.
    http://i.imgur.com/wcbfygM.png
    Conductor/Engineer at Vermont Rail System