Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest In Peace, Otto....

I got it from Otto's son Robert today.
    I was going to leave it to Bill to announce the sad news over here, but since it is already out, here is the message I got from Robert:

"With great sorrow I wish to inform you of Otto’s death. We’d like to thank you for your friendship and concern, evident on the forums, was shared with Otto. He passed away peacefully, after a happy and active life. I’m sure Dad would want his Trainsim friends to know, thanks again for helping Dad enjoy life in recent years. Sincerely, Robert Wipfel."
    Last edited by eolesen; 11-07-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    Kevin

Very sad news indeed.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

A HUGE loss for sure...I've known Otto for close to 14 years. He was a vast knowlege base and not a half bad guy. We had our run-ins over the years, but always managed to work out our issues. He was , without a doubt, the most unselfish of us...always willing to help out a fellow simmer..He will definitely be missed! RIP..Otto..His posts remain, (all 40,000 of them)..I believe he was the all-time highest poster here by a huge margin. Incredible amounts of help and tips can be found in his posts..I hope Nels will leave them intact...........Frank
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

RIP Otto, you will be missed and thank you for all you have done over the years..
    Jim

Rest In Peace Otto and thank you for the help you gave mate.
    Mick.

Otto --

Farewell, my friend. May I see you on the other side.

Phil

Rest in Peace Otto. you ALWAYS went out of your way to help others in this community. I truly hope u are resting with our Heavenly Father waiting for us to join you.

May God Bless you my friend...........

Godspeed Otto
    One of the very first gents who assisted me when I was a newbie 10+ years ago.
    No doubt, a man with a passion for the hobby.
    We'll keep your enthusiasm alive, and a part of you shall remain with us all.
    Peace be with you and your family.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

...May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Clear track and green all the way, Otto.

Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I will remember Otto's dedication to great looking tracks. While the rest of us were busy with locomotives, AI, and routes, Otto worked to make the rails look better, a unique perspective in our hobby.

We're going to miss him.

- FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer