Thread: New York Railroads Route

Red face New York Railroads Route

Hello! So a while ago, I posted somthing that I was building a major route of the New York State Railroads here (post 26 as of 11/16/2016.) Well, the trackwork I was planning on for the release, including sidings and platforms are now complete, and I'd like to show some screenshots of it (some stuff still not final still.)

Note: Some parts of the route remain unfinished as intended for the release and should be completed in the next update.

Here is the map of the the whole route (the whole thing was done in 8 months (track only w/ signals, necessary bridges, etc.)):

First Screenshot: Buffalo's Metro Rail System (Click on images to make them larger)

Buffalo Junction. Currently, even know the crossover point has been marked, it isn't functioning properly based on the signals.

Genesse Junction near Chili, NY (Fun fact: Genesse Junction is also a town, without roads or buildings.)

Kodak Park is complete with only a few minor edits.

The next two pictures are a perfect example of the unfinished parts of the route. They are mainly some major yards. More info about that will be in the ReadMe. First Frontier Yard in Buffalo:

And also Lyons yard (in Lyons, NY):

Finally the last image I currently have, the yard in Geneva NY (without the F6 markers)

I plan on releasing this route on December 3rd, if all goes to planned.
    tgriebel; also known as "Stickmanstudoes"
    Creator of New York State Railroads

Railroads give off less CO2 than trucks and cars. They should be saved.

Nice job! Looks like the route is Buffalo-Syracuse with the West Shore on 359-382.... Great job!!

Thank you
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by tgriebel View Post
    I plan on releasing this route on December 3rd, if all goes to planned.
    Release what exactly? that looks like hundreds of miles of trackwork? What about signalling? Scenery?

Having worked as part of a team on a large scale route like this it took over 6 years of development and testing before it was ready for release.

If you are releasing it as a "Work in Progress" will the EULA say that anyone else is free to take parts of it and develop them for release as separate routes?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Release what exactly? that looks like hundreds of miles of trackwork? What about signalling? Scenery?
    Maybe I didn't word it properly (which frequently happens to me,) but trackwork (shown on the map), signaling, will be released. No scenery, except in some cases, will be released in this version. Maybe I might add some in the next update, along with more experiments with roads, rivers, lakes, and canals. The only cases where scenery is visible is tunnel portals, signal gantries, and bridges where a track goes over a track.

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    If you are releasing it as a "Work in Progress" will the EULA say that anyone else is free to take parts of it and develop them for release as separate routes?
    They can edit the route for personal use, but they can't distribute it. I plan on working on the entire route independently (yes, this is going to take a very long time, but I feel comfortable with this.) However, people can contract me via email (or trainsim.com if they wish) for any errors they may spot on the route. More info about this will be in the ReadMe file.

Note sure if this forum post is considered "old" yet, but I like to take a moment to update about something.

Since I plan on releasing my route on December 5, and I finished the trackwork I wanted so far, I had a lot of spare time, so I decided to make the route a little less boring/testing. So one of the things I have done so far is that I added some abandoned Railroad Bridges where the bridges still exists. Here are two examples:
    Near Seneca Yard:

Batavia:

Finally, North of Kodak Park:

Also, another thing I did was that (currently only in the Charlotte Area) I finally decided to add some water to the route. Currently, the water will only appear in this area.

That is pretty much what happened so far with my route. Release date will still be December 5th.

Is this route on Open Rails or just regular MSTS?
    Dave Edwards