Thread: Long island rail road public beta release

Default Long island rail road public beta release

Name of Route: Long Island Rail Road

Version and Release Date: Beta v0.08 November 22, 2016

Description: The Long Island Rail Road runs from New York Pennsylvania Station to Montauk Point Long Island
    This public beta comprises all the track on Long Island WEST of a approximate north-south line running from Mineola on the Main Line to Long Beach Terminal Station on Long Islands south shore.

Installation Method: Unzip the download archive and run the installer. The install folder will contain documentation. Please Read!
    Additionally the LIRR route folder has a Documents Folder full of neat info and track maps of the LIRR.

Size of Download: 503 MB winzip created file.

Size of Installed Route: ~1 GB

Prototypical or Freelance Operations; Mainline, Branch, Switching: Prototypical passenger & freight.

Freight or Passenger: Both. All passenger stations and business/freight sidings are active in the route

Era or Genre: 1945 to 1955

Length of Mainline: 60

Length of Branches: 70

Number of Branches:6

Number of Sidings: >300 All sidings are identified in the route as are all passenger platforms.

Number of Yards: 20

Mixture of Dual and Single Track: 80% multi 20% single

Level of Trackside Detail: Very High

Percentage of Scenery Completed: 99.8%

FPS Specs, with qualifiers: 20 to 90 fps on a [email protected] 8GiG GTX650 video system.

Activities Provided:19. 17 are end to end terminal inspection runs. 2 freight activities. 1 easy 1 harder & in the dark too!

Non-Default Consists or Rolling Stock Required in Activities: None. All rolling stock included in the download.

Add-In Track Sets: XTracks, New Roads.

Xtracks Required? YES, Version: Global TSection Build 038

Newroads Required? YES Version: 1.4

Tsection.dat Build:038

Payware or Freeware: Free. Custom objects restricted use.

URL for More Information and Screenshots :https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/forumdisplay.php?67-MSTS-
    LIRR

Known Problems: NONE with Open Rails.
    MSTS? Unacceptable frame rates when I tested, 4-9 fps in some areas.

Where it can be downloaded: TrainSim.com File Library

Name: lirr_install.zip
    Size: 503 MB Date: 11-23-2016

Extra information:
    You should include the Open Rails Log with requests for assistance if relevant.

To enable Open Rails logging place a check in the Logging Box on the Open Rails opening screen pane
    Sorry but I must insist on log as troll requests never provide info when asked!

E-mail requests for assistance should include the Open Rails log if relevant.

The Train.exe you see in the download is a DUMMY to allow the user to test the install with Route_Riter
    Do NOT expect this dummy train.exe to function. Look at it's size! It's only a re-named text file. Secret message inside.

THE FREEWARE OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR AVAILABLE HERE:

http://openrails.org/download/program/

Authors e-mail for more info: vcockeram cox net
    Last edited by Vince; 11-24-2016 at 01:25 PM. Reason: correct release info,fix OR URL
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"