Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Island Rail Road Route uploaded @ 23:00 22Nov2016

Lightbulb Long Island Rail Road Route uploaded @ 23:00 22Nov2016

Finally!

The LIRR is uploaded and should appear in the File Library in a few days or NOT!

It's a holiday long weekend and I hoped to upload earlier in time for my Thanksgiving to the Train Simulator Community but due to my ineptness, I fouled up a bunch of uploads probably driving Nels nuts.
    I am sincerely sorry Nels. Trainsim.com isn't supposed to be a chore.

The Route should appear in the File Library as LIRR_INSTALL.zip
    It's a single 503 MB download
    Extract to any folder you want; Open the folder and double click the INSTALL_LIRR_BETA.exe and in about
    2-3 minutes the route is ready to run in Open Rails. Tested w/Open Rails.

If you want MSTS you need to place the route and associated folders in a MSTS Mini Route. Not MSTS tested.

Best regards and Happy Thanksgiving with fond memories of OttO Wipfel. May he Rest in Peace.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

No doubt Vince. I'm sure Otto would be pleased with what you've done.

Uncle E
    Whatever's cold in my fridge is the Official Beer of Open Rails.

Thank you for all of hard work Vince. I know that this route will be as great as all of the projects that you work on. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

This was a big one. Thanks Vince for all the blood, sweat, and tears lost while in the "lab".

Best to all,
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Thank you Vince for all the hard work to make the unique route. Watching your post on it's development along the way has inspired me to developing a route (On a much smaller scale to say the least).

I long been a fan of the LIRR & so glad you made it with ORTS in mind. With using "Cntl-V" the LIRR "Ping-Pongs" will truly be PING-PONGS .

Thank you again for sharing your art.
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

Its been eagerly anticipated. Downloading now

Just starting to look around...download time was 3mins 45sec - no problems. I did not use your exact method of installation - it all appears rather straightforward. Like the icon included with the route, used it for the icon of the folder...Thanks for that.

I'll have to look over the default trainset included...appears at first glance you have adjusted some of the wag and eng files to OR parameters, that's nice. Just starting to look around today. Much thanks...

bandicam 2016-11-23 09-31-04-102.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

So far I've been unable to install the LIRR. When trying to unzip using 7-Unzip on a Win7 system, I get "CRC failed: INSTALL_LIRR_BETA.exe". An unzipped file does appear in the folder but at a size of 515GB. When executing it, it appears to proceed normally until progress stops at about 50% with the display of an error message about Routes\LIRR\Textures\Snow\srv_bridges4m.ace containing invalid data (error 21FC). Some of the folders are unzipped but not all. World is missing.

I did download twice, and also tried unzipping on a Win10 using "Zip Opener". No change.

Has anyone been able to install successfully? If so, would you please post how you did it including what unzip program you used. Thanks.

Chuck R.
    "More railroads crossed each other more times in Chicago than anywhere else in America"
    Jon R. Roma, Trains Magazine, July 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFan View Post
    ...Has anyone been able to install successfully? If so, would you please post how you did it including what unzip program you used. Thanks.
    Chuck R.
    I have it installed, opens and runs in OR, only warnings in log file are for some unknown shaders and unknown lighting model indexes, also a "Warning: Skipped primitive with 0 indices in c:\2ts\lirr\routes\lirr\shapes\7factory_clump.s".. . nothing that stops it from loading.

Used WinRAR, function "extract here" [to my usual test location ] ran the exe file to install all components to location of choice. All went as expected, no glitches.

From your post appears as if you have an OS securities problem, perhaps one of the other fellows can help untangle it for you.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks for sharing your work, Vince. Been waiting a long time as you worked it and shared those screen shots. I just got caught at the crossing at Main Street in Mineola as a train went through, and thought of your screen shot of this same spot. Your accuracy is spectacular. It's downloading all afternoon and I can't wait to start it up. It's going to be a long night of riding the LIRR.

Happy Thanksgiving!