Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First CP Mactier Sub Activity Pack released

It says in the note that the switches are aligned to "arrivals/departure" tracks, but in fact they align to Yard #7 then out back on route.

It just confused me for a bit. I am on my way again, but I didn't want to miss something.

Is the traffic file complete for EK-CP113 Part1? I looked through the act file and noticed a several messages about waiting for traffic, but there is only one AI train listed in the traffic file. So far it is running fine in OR, but maybe I'm misinterpreting the messages.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Is the traffic file complete for EK-CP113 Part1? I looked through the act file and noticed a several messages about waiting for traffic, but there is only one AI train listed in the traffic file. So far it is running fine in OR, but maybe I'm misinterpreting the messages.
    ConBuilder only lists one AI train in this activity, maybe it appears multiple times? It is the Tank Train and I passed it way before Vaughn Yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    ConBuilder only lists one AI train in this activity, maybe it appears multiple times? It is the Tank Train and I passed it way before Vaughn Yard.
    Hi Don, right you are, however it cannot appear multiple times without the addition of multiple services in the trf file, each service could use the same consist though. They could have different start times and paths.

In OR the tank train is shown as EK 133 AI1 and it is holding at Elder South Switch when player train makes entry into Vaughan.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Can I assume the speed in Vaughan Intermodal facility is 10-15mph and not the 45mph indicate by the route data.

Yes, Gerry, I passed the Tank-Train way before Vaughn yard, I am using Open Rails so timing may differ.

I would agree with you that the speed through Vaughn Yard does seem high, for a yard which usually was always posted at 15-20 max with bell on, when passing through on a through track rather than a "Working" track which would be 10mph with bell on. I am going by what was posted during the 70s when I was at CN.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the activity! I love these through freights!

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Yes, Gerry, I passed the Tank-Train way before Vaughn yard, I am using Open Rails so timing may differ.

I would agree with you that the speed through Vaughn Yard does seem high, for a yard which usually was always posted at 15-20 max with bell on, when passing through on a through track rather than a "Working" track which would be 10mph with bell on. I am going by what was posted during the 70s when I was at CN.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the activity! I love these through freights!
    I am too, very much so. Thanks for the advice on Vaughan yard speed, perhaps defining a restricted speed zone for the activity would be a good idea. I think I'll add that and the extra traffic encountered after leaving Vaughan.
    The route needs a mod in Vaughan concerning the yard speed, do not know how to go about that.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    I made a mistake here...while the activity does contain messages and references to other traffic, they occur AFTER the end of the player path - and of the activity. So they were in place for part 2. Looks like the activity was divided into two parts, using a clone of one part for the next...labor saving device. I just jumped to the wrong conclusion when reviewing the act before running it. Sorry 'bout that. G