Thread: North Jersey Coast Line

Default North Jersey Coast Line

I guess many here aren't NJT fans like myself, so here is a sampling of my favorite motive power that they own.

F40PH-2CAT's #4113 and #4120 lead a ballast train bound for Red Bank. 4113 was donated to the FRA for crash test purposes. Only 4119 and 4120 remain on the property for work train service.

F40PH-2CAT #4126 in happier times getting ready to lead a Bay Head shuttle to Long Branch:

GP40PH-2 #4112 is being used as the Long Branch protect engine and it is shown rescuing a train at Elberon:

Quote Originally Posted by amtrak808 View Post
    I guess many here aren't NJT fans like myself, so here is a sampling of my favorite motive power that they own.
    Big NJT fan here just not a huge fan of DTG NJCL route. You think for $40 you had to shell out at the time, they could have spent a bit more time building accurate bridges and such. I am a huge fan of the NY&LB now the NJCL I build a lot of acts for both in ORTS. But here are a few screens from my runs on it.

IMO, the best route for NJT runs in TS2017 is the NY Division - Bergen County Line from the Steam Workshop. It is highly prototypical of the modern & historic eras. And it is being built by someone in an Ex-EL family (His dad worked for the EL). And myself, growing up a stones throw away and now living the same distance from it. It is a true prototype line from the Dundee Spur to remnants of the former Harmon Cove station by Croxton. Check it out if you didn't already.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    - Mark -

Maybe when the next steam sale comes around I'll purchase the other DLC required to run the route. I've been drooling at that route since before I got TS.

Quote Originally Posted by amtrak808 View Post
    Maybe when the next steam sale comes around I'll purchase the other DLC required to run the route. I've been drooling at that route since before I got TS.
    I am a late bloomer to TS (Only started using it since this past summer) also and it is the one reason I got into TS a bit. It is worth getting the DLC for. I know the route will be heading to the Moonda Viaduct and possible to Port Jervis. He is putting in the Carlton Hill Branch (Former true Erie Main into Passaic) & wants to extend the Dundee Spur in Passaic along 1st Street up to Monroe Street where it use o serve Okonite Cable & Panasote Chemical & extend past South Street where it serviced Paterson Parchment.

Even a possible extension of the NYSW's Passaic Branch might be in the works. Even into the 1980's would bring a lot of unique switching into Elmwood Park & Garfield.

These 2 lines brought me into railroading as a kid in the 1970's Thanks to the men of the EL then later Conrail who worked the Dundee Spur & Garfield Drills. And the late Great John Treen of the NYSW for stopping to BS with kids about RR'ing & even let us flag the side streets & give us cab rides in the old GP18's !

The person doing it in the Woodshop (Minerman) is a great person to talk to about it. His dad worked the EL New York Division into Conrail. The attention to detail is amazing ! Landmarks I always known of are there !.

So yes, it is worth getting the DLC for alone if you like NJT and NJ railroading.
    - Mark -

ok, question, the comet IV cab. Looks great. Where did you get it, and where can I get my hands on it? 2, as someone who has based their career on NJT property, let me say this route is the most accurate route of njt i've seen in forever, admittedly mistakes everywhere, but then again, no one's perfect.

I don't operate the trains as an engineer, but I feel these run better than the real world counterparts, unless camera jerking is supposed to represent you applying too much power to the train when accelerating, in which case, i would apologize to my virtual commuters if I could for spilling their coffee.

Seriously though, i bought this when it came out originally, and it was the best purchase i ever made.
    Tom
    I am no longer active.
    PM me if you have a specific question.

Quote Originally Posted by railfan101 View Post
    Seriously though, i bought this when it came out originally, and it was the best purchase i ever made.
    See and I felt the opposite. When it came out and I shelled out $40 for it I thought great I get to run a modern NJCL. The track arrangement is good. But within 5 minutes of my first quick run, I was disappointed. Coming out of Bay Head and coming to the Manasquan Draw. If you put out good money for a route, the iconic landmarks should look like them. More so when you boast about so many custom objects made for the route.

And then you look at Marc Nelson's Tehachapi Pass over at 3DTrains. Incredible the accurate details to it and at regular price $10 lower in price. From the small businesses to bridges. It is amazing even in its Beta stage. And the VNHRR Springfield Line v3 is another incredible prototypical looking route. For my money through DTG and Steam, the Springfield Line & The Racetrack: Aurora Chicago Route are my 2 favorite USA payware routes for TS.

Routes from the Steam Workshop, IMO nothing beats the NY Division - Bergen County Line being done by Minerman146 on Steam. So highly accurate it is unbelievable. And remember you can only use assets from DTG releases for add-ons in it because of Workshop rules. He has done a phenomenal job creating it. He wishes he can use other assets to make it even better. But he manages to use assets from 4 other routes to make it work, and work it does ! You should check it out if you haven't already.

The Comet IV's skins are available at the Railworks America website.
    - Mark -