Thread: signal lights

Default signal lights

G'day, I am finding that the signal lights are quite large and this is not too bad at a distance but they don't reduce to normal until you are only about a loco length from them, is there any way of adjusting this?
    Also I have noticed that the track monitor does not show track gradient, can this be fixed?
    Regards
    Barrie

On the Open Rails start screen click Options, then click the Experimental tab. In the right hand side, second tab from the top is "Signal Light Glow", if this is ticked, unclick it. This sounds like what you are describing. I like the idea of the signal glow feature but I am not sure if it can be coded for distant signals only.

Checking the "signal light glow" box usually requires some modification of the Radius value in the sigcfg.dat file. Also many users are substituting new Siglight.ace files in the routes textures folder. Once that is all accomplished the signal lights appear large at a distance and decrease in size during approach. When adjusted correctly they can be easily seen from over 3 miles away.

With "signal light glow" unchecked and the siglight.ace files and radius values remaining the same, the signal appearance should be the same as MSTS - which used used oversized textures to make the signals more visible.

OR Manual Section >>> 6.10.7 Section 6 is a good read to find out about some of the other options available.

Also read this thread at Elvas >>> http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind..._1#entry154664

...and more recently >>> http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind..._1#entry209637
    Last edited by R. Steele; 12-12-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

If you check out my route in the file library, Fantasii, I got the route to use OR's and MSTS distant signal lighting. I accomplished this
    by having 2 ace files. One is named siglight.ace. This is the one for MSTS as it uses Wang Daqing's version of the file along with the
    necesary modifications in the sigcfg.dat file for the signals to be viewed at a distance in MSTS. The other ace file is siglight_OR.ace.
    This is basically an unmodified ace file. I also put an unedited radius version of the sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat files into an OpenRails
    folder located in the main directory of the route. That way, OpenRails reads the files in the OpenRails folder which point to the
    siglight_OR.ace file. Now you have distant signal lighting in OR and MSTS that both look well.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Default Singals lights are white

My signal lights are coming white in colour in the track monitor of Open Rails of MSTS.
    Does anybody knows how to solve this?

Try shift + F4

Nick.
    Regards,

Nick

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Is this information in the F1 Help Screen?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Is this information in the F1 Help Screen?
    Yes. Track Monitor >>>> F4 ( +Shift )

Manual Section: 7.4.3 F4 Track Monitor ( last paragraph )
    Pressing <Shift+F4> toggles the Track Monitor’s immersive mode. In this mode, the window conceals upcoming signal aspects and upcoming signal speed limits and does not display upcoming diverging switches. However, it retains the locations of signals, mileposts, permanent speed limits, sidings, and stations. This level of assistance reflects the route knowledge that a train driver could be expected to know by memory.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi all,

Thanks for that tip on shift + f4. I too had all white signal on the track monitor.
    I have run into an issues myself regarding red lights on some routes. I am running OR NY MG (unofficial) -1,4-28 Rev, 108.2 (debug) with reshade 4.91.
    My issue is: I have all red signals on some of my routes. In particular the Crawford hill route. This is in explore mode. I can get some of them to change to green by using the map screen and clicking on the signal (which is showing as green) and again clicking on prceede.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happing? I should add that this was not always like this and has only starting happing recently? The only thing I have changed was to update reshade to ver 4.91.

cheers Tom