Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Route Riter & Open rails

Default Route Riter & Open rails

Greetings All
    I have installed Open Rails game a few days back. Then I installed "Wadi-Hyderabad-Secunderabad-Raichur" route along with the "22881 Pune-Bhubaneswar Express" as an activity for the same. But that route & activity failed to work at the start. Then I installed all the necessary rolling stock as well as used the services of route riter.
    Now I've got more confused because of the following scenarios:
    1. When I click on "Check Route", the analysis of the above route shows up a lot of missing textures and shapes, the solution to which is not known to me.
    2. When I click on "Check Activity", the analysis shows a lot of missing consists & rolling stocks.. I'll give you 2 live examples.

a) It was found that "WDP4D_GY_40111.eng" was shown to be missing. On checking this file in my "Trainset" folder, it was very much present.
    b) Another missing file was "ET_WAP4.eng". Again on checking, it was very much present. Then I checked the "Readme" of its containing folder i.e. "ir_wap4_tl.zip" which said that "MSTS bin" is required.
    So, my question is why is this shown to be missing when it is present in the requisite folder????
    Plus how to proceed with Route Riter if you are a newcomer???? What should be checked???
    Should we check both activity and route???
    The manual available doesn't show the procedure to use route riter for a beginner.
    Also, is MSTS bin required for running open rails???If not, then how do I solve this problem???
    Help would be highly appreciated.
    Regards
    Ankur
    Screen name: bankura

Quote Originally Posted by BANKURA View Post
    Greetings All
    Also, is MSTS bin required for running open rails???If not, then how do I solve this problem???
    Regards
    Ankur
    NO. Neither is MSTS's Train.exe therefore Bin which edits Train.exe is not required to run ORTS.
    Charles

I started writing a longer reply, which I'll leave in place below as far as I got in case it helps, but then it occurred to me: for Route Riter to function properly, it requires the presence of a train.exe file. That was the original MSTS, but all you need for route riter is a dummy file, so you can just save a text file as train.exe. That tells route riter the location of the MSTS install. I'm wondering if you don't have that if Route Riter gets confused.

And yes, bin is not necessary in any way for operating under open rails.

1. When I click on "Check Route", the analysis of the above route shows up a lot of missing textures and shapes, the solution to which is not known to me.
    Well the short answer is exactly that: some shapes that are supposed to be in the route are missing. My suggestion would be to go back to the install instruction (perhaps in a file called README). My guess is there was a .bat file that is supposed to copy shapes from the default MSTS routes into the route you installed. Of course you were asking if MSTS is required. The short answer is no. However it is this kind of situation for which MSTS is required -- that is, there are many routes that use content (shapes and sounds and so on) that came with MSTS. You probably want to obtain it, perhaps from Amazon.com. You don't need it to run open rails, but it can be handy to have for times like this.

Or . . . you did install the route in the route folder, right? And the files of the route are in he top level of the route folder, right?

2. When I click on "Check Activity", the analysis shows a lot of missing consists & rolling stocks.
    Again: the short answer is that you are missing consist and rolling stock files in the expected places. But you say you find them in the TRAINSET folder . . . that makes me wonder if the missing stock are located within a folder in the folder

. I'll give you 2 live examples.

a) It was found that "WDP4D_GY_40111.eng" was shown to be missing. On checking this file in my "Trainset" folder, it was very much present.
    b) Another missing file was "ET_WAP4.eng". Again on checking, it was very much present. Then I checked the "Readme" of its containing folder i.e. "ir_wap4_tl.zip" which said that "MSTS bin" is required.
    So, my question is why is this shown to be missing when it is present in the requisite folder????
    Plus how to proceed with Route Riter if you are a newcomer???? What should be checked???
    Should we check both activity and route???
    The manual available doesn't show the procedure to use route riter for a beginner.
    Regards
    Ankur
    Screen name: bankura[/QUOTE]

If the WDP4D_GY_40111.eng file is in the TRAINSET folder then I'm sorry to inform you it is in the wrong folder!

Please have a look at how the other folders within the TRAINSET folder are setup.

Here is a link to the Steam4Me site with info on folders in MSTS.

And another: http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/rt_fold.html

In the TRAINSET folder there should not be any .eng files! There should only be individual folders of your rolling stock.
    regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 01-03-2017 at 01:42 AM. Reason: added steam4me links
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Dear Vince Sir
    As advised by you, I checked the demo route which comes along with open rails installation. It did have ".eng" files in the TRAINSET FOLDER. And if not in this folder, where should the ".eng" files be put???Please guide me.
    Regards
    Ankur

Hello All
    I'm currently in the process of installing W.H.S.R. Route for running in Open Rails. I checked the consists using Route-Riter software & it showed a lot of errors. I rechecked all the consists & again tested the route. But again the same error file was generated.
    My question is when I'm having all the necessary files, then why are route riter & open rails not able to track them???
    Secondly, the same thing happened with the starting page of Open Rails. It showed all the locomotives to be missing.
    Why am I getting all these errors????It's becoming frustrating now with my failure to run even a single Indian route.
    Please help.
    Regards
    Ankur

If you open a consist file and read it, the required stock items are listed in the order in which they appear in the consist. Each item has the eng or wag filename first, then the folder that it should be in within the trainset folder.

Example for a single engine consist, the line EngineData ( BRC_WAP4E Wap1_4 ) means that the
    BRC_WAP4E is the eng filename and it must be located in the Wap1_4 folder in the Trainset folder.

If this file/folder setup is not followed, neither RouteRiter or Open Rails will find them.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Hello All
    I t. But I got the following error:
    "A fatal error has occured and Open Rails cannot continue.
    System.IO.InvalidDataException: Player train original position not clear.
    This error may be due to bad data or a bug."
    I have attached the log file for your reference.
    Please guide me as to where is the problem.
    Regards
    Ankur Sonwane
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have a series of warnings in the log that clearly indicate you do not have a properly set up trainset folder.
    Warning: Ignored missing wagon E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\trains\trainset\Series2000\2000.eng
    2000.eng is the missing item. This should be in a folder called Series2000 and in turn this folder should be in a folder called trainset. Turned the other way round we have
    Folder--Trains which has Consists and Trainset
    Folder--Trainset has all of the folders for rolling stock, one of which should be Series2000
    Folder--Series2000 contains all of the eng, wag, s,sd and ace files that are used to make the full series 2000 train. As this is in fact a default set that comes with MSTS the folder should already be set up in the correct location. So, how come it is missing from your installation?.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Hello All
    I t. But I got the following error:
    "A fatal error has occured and Open Rails cannot continue.
    System.IO.InvalidDataException: Player train original position not clear.
    This error may be due to bad data or a bug."
    I have attached the log file for your reference.
    Please guide me as to where is the problem.
    Regards
    Ankur Sonwane
    First of all this post does not involve the Subject of the Thread i.e. "Route Riter & Open Rails" so you should have started a new thread.

The answer to your question is in the Error itself. There is something wrong with the Player consist. Then looking at the Log file the first line after recording the system and initial settings you have this error message:
    "Error: Player's locomotive E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\trains\trainset\Series2000\2000.eng cannot be loaded in E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\2000Std.CON"

So you need to investigate why can't the player engine 2000.eng cannot be loaded. Have you tested the ENG with one of the Stock testing tools (I use ConBuilder to do this)? Are all the files needed to load the ENG present in the correct folders? Shape, Shape Definition, and CabView present? Will the shape open in Shape Viewer without errors?

Also later I see a whole batch of Warnings of Missing Stock items:
    Warning: Ignored missing wagon E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\trains\trainset\Series2000\2000.eng in consist E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\2000Std.CON
    Warning: Ignored missing wagon E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\trains\trainset\Series2000\2000ACarriage.w ag in consist E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\2000Std.CON
    Warning: Ignored missing wagon E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\trains\trainset\Series2000\2000ACarriage.w ag in consist E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\2000Std.CON
    Warning: Ignored missing wagon E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\trains\trainset\Series2000\2000BCarriage.w ag in consist E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\2000Std.CON
    Warning: Ignored missing wagon E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\trains\trainset\Series2000\2000BCarriage.w ag in consist E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\2000Std.CON
    Warning: Ignored missing wagon E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\trains\trainset\Series2000\2000RearEng.eng in consist E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\2000Std.CON
    Looks like none of the Stock items in the player consist are in the Trainset folders of your E:\MOVIES\OPEN RAILS TRAIN SIMULATOR\SONALI KHEDKAR install.
    Charles