Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A note of thanks

Default A note of thanks

MSTS Activity--BNSF LBPLPC1-01

This is great so far! So many locos and rolling stock in the yards and those multiple AI's!! Just fantastic!

I am only 1/2 hour into this activity and already it has my interest peaked!

Thank you Chuck Monzo for this! I know it is going to get better the further I go. In Open Rails it is only giving me 25-28fps but it is smooth going, loved the Surfliner passing by my train!

Don
    Amtrak Sandwich (Small).jpgMaersk Shipment (Small).jpg
    Last edited by Don6218; 01-06-2017 at 01:03 PM.

I agree 100% a great activity. Was wondering if you had any problems further on in the activity? Here's my problem: playing in OR btw
    nearing San Bernardino
    Player train is stopped at red signal near mp. 2.2
    66: Metrolink#806 overtakes on the right and continues toward San Ber but my signal continues red.
    Looking in Dispatcher View I see:
    66: Metrolink#806 stopped at red near "Auto Facility North Lead" switch
    72: WB_pigs on the same track as Metrolink and stops to avoid head-on
    68: UP_Eastbound stopped at red between mp. 80.6 & 79.9
    71: WB_Stacks is approaching on same track as WB_pigs
    I'm not sure if this is a timing or a path problem. I have changed the Metrolink path to take the "metrolink cutoff" into the San Ber station to see if this solves the problem. Of course now I have to start the act. over again.

Don

Sounds like a nice one. Has anyone completed this successfully in Open Rails?

I don't know about that, I had the MetroLink pass on the one side and the Surfliner on the other side, then I got a green after the train got far enough ahead of me. I don't remember the specifics, this was a while ago (old age-bad memory LOL) but I think I did the whole act with no issues. I will have to back and see if I have any issues with that area. I do think that on the first run I almost had a head-on with another train, then upgraded OR and ran it again, after Route Righter, and everything was good.

************************************************** **********************************
    I am rerunning the route/act now, I needed a change anyway! LOL I will pay attention to what if anything happens out the ordinary.
    Last edited by Don6218; 02-09-2017 at 11:23 AM.

I think the scenario you described was at the Fullerton station which would be before San Berdarnino. Neat watching the 2 trains arrive and depart on either side of you and than get the green!!

No issues at all.In Open Rails,did the act. from start to finish.

Claude.

Ok thanks. Guess I'm to slow at the throttle to make these meets in the right places or something(get accused of that all the time

Don

I am just approaching West Corona and so far nothing out of the ordinary.

I have Five locomotives on the head end of this consist. I think the original Act only called for three, and I found that was not enough power to get up the hills with any speed. I could be wrong though.

Right,great activity Chuck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    I am just approaching West Corona and so far nothing out of the ordinary.

I have Five locomotives on the head end of this consist. I think the original Act only called for three, and I found that was not enough power to get up the hills with any speed. I could be wrong though.
    If you are using original MSTS eng files, they are underpowered. MaxPower needs to be the true max, not the reduced level used by MSTS.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.