Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Metro north

Quote Originally Posted by necrails View Post
    My virus scan flagged the setup file as an infected file and halted the process.

Thanks for the advice.
    Disable all antivirus programs... it’s not needed to run MSTS. Most system files are not infected as antivirus programs keeps getting false positives... this is a headache... I have a machine strictly for MSTS only and never had all the bells and whistles of any programs that’s needed.. (yes including antivirus and internet, all off...) and I do most file transfers via memory stick.. best way to go... Do it again with AV OFF for a couple of hours... If you are nervous, simple just unplug your internet... it’s not needed...
    Dave Edwards

So upon further investigation the route can be found in OR, there is a fatal error during start up however. OR returns a message that says missing track node. That is encouraging, it means I have to look at what isn't installed properly instead of the entire route. FYI, the OR path editor loads the route and displays the track plan with a gap North of New Haven. I'm not sure if there is some unfinished construction at that end or if that is the source of the missing node. Thanks to those who have replied

A gap in track shown in the track viewer is usually an indication that your Global tracks are not complete, either an older version of Xtracks is in use, or possibly another track system is not installed. Sometimes the Global tsection.dat is at fault.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

More screenshots of Metro North route on Open Rails. Testing out my new ballast hoppers and an blank GP9 that was made by P. Tyler Bundy into a orange Pumpkin scheme that Amtrak had for work train duty. Still continuing to work on this unit, lettering still small to my eyes.. Enjoy!

Dave Edwards

Excellent, Dave.
    Those Amtrak pumpkins had been on my list. But my list is long . . . glad to see them.
    Christopher

Baldwin, you identified the problem, the global tsection.dat was not what I thought. That was the clue I needed. Once brought up to the appropriate version everything ran just fine. Thanks for the tip.
    H