Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro north

Default Metro north

Good evening its been a while since I been here I can't for the life of me to get the metro north to show up I have the route called usax but when I run train simulator is doesn't show up. also when trying to add the routes I get the following
    no trk file is present in the route folder probably due to it being hidden by trainstore or route on/off.

how do I resolve this issue

thank you in advance

That's the New Haven route, right? I'm downloading it now ... will see what's going on. Several interesting equipment items around it too ... didn't (doesn't) LIRR use M2's as well as MN?

First thing to check is whether you have followed all the instructions in the readme file. Many routes have their paths and activities separately zipped in the overall package, and you must have at least one path (and activity?) exposed in the route for it to show up. Much like with equipment it has to be in a consist before you can use it.

read the readme file not much information, they're are two default routes and paths also correct on the LIRR as well since I do
    live on long island.

MN & LIRR equipment use different incompatible third rail systems.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

what your solution to the problem

Quote Originally Posted by smyrick View Post
    what your solution to the problem
    First of all, are you using Train Store? And if you are return Train Store to original state.

Second. Did you run this route and check the files in Route Riter? I found that this was one route that had to be run through it after it was set up.

Third. Did you just download all the part of the route? If so you might have a corrupt downloaded file. Uninstall the route from your PC. Delete the files you downloads for it then restate your PC. Re-download the file on here and try to reinstall again.
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

don't have train store where can I find this

Another thought: did you put the route directly inside the ROUTE folder or is it one level deep in another folder? (won't work if that's true)

Quote Originally Posted by smyrick View Post
    don't have train store where can I find this
    You can find it in the download library here..... BUT if you don't have it installed on your computer & it is telling you it might be the problem. IT ISN'T.

If you are running Windows Vista and above. And you installed it the correct way as in the Steam 4 Me directions. Your MSTS folder won't be in the Program Files x86 folder.

BUT if you installed the MNRR route and didn't direct it to the proper folder that MSTS is installed in, that would be the problem. Check you MSTS routes folder and see if the route file "usax" is in it. If not, check the Program Files x86 folder on your PC. Look for a folder "Microsoft Games". If you see a Train Simulator folder in there and that isn't the location of your MSTS install. That might be the problem. Then you might want to open that folder and look for a Routes folder, if you see the usax folder there.. Then it installed to the wrong location.
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

i this have the route correct as usax in the train route folder showing default stuff check the other drive for train simulator and
    was empty I brought a original copy of train simulator that is on cd's I running it on windows 7 as adminstrator I wiping out any
    stuff that I had of mn and reinstalling it also will add train store to see if this will resolve the issue