Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Next?

Exclamation What Next?

I have just downloaded the latest OR version, 1.2.3766 and seen the Installation Profile page empty. As a beginner, how do I get an MSTS route? The manual does not help...
    Thanks...

Click on the options tab, then click on the content tab, then set the path to where your MSTS installation is.
    Cheers!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by marvin31 View Post
    I have just downloaded the latest OR version, 1.2.3766 and seen the Installation Profile page empty. As a beginner, how do I get an MSTS route? The manual does not help...
    Thanks...
    Well now, I suspect that is an exaggeration (politely saying... false) Marvin...you got a REAL manual to read.

bandicam 2017-01-23 15-27-00-162.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Or . . . have you not got a MSTS installation?

If that's so, have a look in the file library here.

I would suggest starting with the Long Island route or Monson route as those will show you the complete file structure of an installation.

There are routes that depend on files copied over from default MSTS routes, but many that don't. Paul Charland's routes have few MSTS files and are good ones.

When you open ORTS - the first thing you see below "options " is " Documents ". There are enough Manuals and instructions to keep you busy for a week or two .

Thank you for the response. I do NOT have an MSTS installation. Where do I access the "file library"?

Sorry, I found the Library in the top banner. I searched and found "Monson" but how do I copy into the Profile Page?
    Thanks again,
    Marvin

1. Copy the Monson route into a location that is not within program folders. I simply made a folder called "Monson" in the root of my hard drive.
    2. Open OpenRails and go to options at the bottom. Click on the "content" tab. Now click "browse" and locate and click on the folder you created to house the Monson route. Once you have the correct folder shown, click "Add".

You can have many installations in open rails. For example the Monson is a narrow gauge steam powered line. You probably have a completely different set of equipment for a modern line. But the basic folder structure of each installation will be the same with different folders within ROUTE and TRAIN/CONSISTS and TRAIN/TRAINSET.

There are more details in the open rails manual, which is recommended reading.

Christopher

Christopher: thanks so much for your help. I've begun to look throght the manual so I hope it will help, as well.
    Marvin

Christopher: I was able to load MonsonRR into the Installation Profile, but I click OK (after Add) and nothing happens. What do I do now?
    Very troubling...
    Marvin