Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Next?

Well, what is supposed to happen is that you see your Monson route folder at the bottom of the list of installations.

You're sure you chose the correct folder? Not the ROUTE folder or anything within it, but the folder one level higher that also includes GLOBAL and so on.

Christopher

Thanks, Chris. I was able to get the Monson route folder OK, and the Start button is available, so I think I'm all set.
    I would like to get the MSTS...I found one site to D/L the MSTS2 version, but it didn't work. Do you of any site that does work?
    Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by marvin31 View Post
    Thanks, Chris. I was able to get the Monson route folder OK, and the Start button is available, so I think I'm all set.
    I would like to get the MSTS...I found one site to D/L the MSTS2 version, but it didn't work. Do you of any site that does work?
    Marvin
    Still available from Amazon.co.uk https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/PC-Video-...tor/B00005O0IK
    Chris Jakeman

Hello again, Chris. I have a frozen screen with the coal car view and sound on Monson RR. After waiting several minutes, I logged off and tried it again with 00 Introduction Part 1 as the Actvity, but still cannot move the train. Can you help?
    Thanks, Marvin

I was able to use the commands: W, D, etc. but couldn't find any command to move the train. I assume it must involve several commands. Can you explain?
    Marvin

First try pressing shift /
    This is a shortcut to releasing handbrakes.
    Make sure all the other brakes are released.

check the open rails manual about steam engines. They are a bit more complicated.

Chris: thanks again for all the help. I will definite check for steam in the Manual.
    Marv K.

Are there any tutorial files? I recall the original MSTS allowed you to run a train with helpful step-by-step actions. I have tried to check the files but am not finding anything...can anyone suggest where to look?
    Marvin
    Last edited by marvin31; 02-27-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: clarity

Re: the LIRR.
    I’ve tried to contact the owner but no answer.
    I have finished installing the files, and I'm on Step #9: Select an Activity. I located 'Detour' and could not open it. The message said I needed the right program to open an .ACT file.
    Can anyone help?

If you have done step 8 correctly, the LIRR route should be visible in your OR route selection. Step 9 is done from there.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.