Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSW dates or specs

Default TSW dates or specs

Hi all,
    new member and !st post....SO has anyone heard a firm release date OR hardware requirements? Thanks

No confirmed release date yet. Read other posts here for computer specs.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Nothing firmer than the "Spring 2017" moveable feast, which will presumably be dependent on bug and feature change re-coding following the limited beta, vs commercial pressures to get the thing released.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike336 View Post
    Hi all,
    new member and !st post....SO has anyone heard a firm release date OR hardware requirements? Thanks

Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul Beta – Anticipated Minimum PC Specifications

OS: 64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10
    Processor: 2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU - I personally would suggest at least 3.4 GHz CPU Dual/Quad core 64bit
    Memory: 8 GB RAM - I personally would suggest 8/12/16 GB RAM depends how many slots you have.
    Graphics: DirectX 10 Compatible GPU with 2 GB Video RAM - I personally would suggest a 3/4/6 GB graphics card from nVidia.
    Sound: DirectX Compatible
    Storage: Approx 40 GB available space
    DirectX: Version 10
    A free Steam account and Broadband internet connection is required.

You can see below my computer specs, my PC coughed a little in some areas of the TSW beta, others have overclocked their CPUs and have larger graphics cards, I am awaiting a brand new nVidia GTX1060 6 GB card, as I play other PC games on my machine and need to upgrade, it all depends on how often you will play TSW, what your budget is, and if you want to update any of your equipment accordingly, obviously, we only had the Beta to play with which was very basic, over the years one assumes that more and more content will be made available, both from DTG and 3rd party programme developers, who will no doubt be using mid to high end computer equipment themselves, and they will probably push the boat out to try and get as much out of this UE4 game engine as possible, you really will need to have a computer to match whatever they release in the future, the minimum specs will probably be obsolete in a few year's time, and this could be a resource hungry version with the amount of new stuff they have included, it was a shame to read that some gamers couldn't play the Beta as their machines weren't up to scratch, so, having a little laptop/PC with only a 2 GHz CPU I personally don't think will be anywhere near powerful enough.

No mention of a confirmed release date from DTG since the New Year, with their customer service record, did we expect anything else!!!

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 01-28-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Release date put back tell March. https://train-simulator.com/train-si...,KHWPX,1F18Y,1
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Reads fairly promising.

"On behalf of all our teams, I would like to thank you all for your feedback on the Beta. Iíll be back with another update at the start of March where Iíll go into more detail about the release of Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul."
    That doesn't necessarily confirm March will be the release date.

However I would rather they took their time and got it right than rush things like N3V did with TANE. And while the admissions regarding some of the beta bugs are appreciated, one wonders how such items as the over powerful braking were not picked up by internal QA before being made public?
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ..... one wonders how such items as the over powerful braking were not picked up by internal QA before being made public?
    Could be because the person/people testing it wasn't/weren't aware that the braking was excessively-powerful, Vern.

They've got to test this to death otherwise whatever credibility that they (DTG) may have regarding TSW and its realism will be blown out of the water on the first day of release.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ....one wonders how such items as the over powerful braking were not picked up by internal QA before being made public?
    That's if one assumes they do have an internal QA, of course, however, they are probably motorists in real life and not train drivers/railway engineers, and don't know the difference between the braking on a car and on a 130 ton diesel locomotive........

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I see the game specifications have now been posted on Steam, I wonder how many folks are going to struggle to accomodate all the requirements.

However, they haven't put the correct info. on there for a start. I have been using an ordinary i5 4690 CPU for the last 3 years, and the base frequency is 3.50 GHz, there are 4 iterations of that CPU series, which are as follows - 4690 + 4690K both 3.50GHz, 4690T is 2.50GHz and a 4690S is 3.20GHz, so, a 4690T can be overclocked to 3.50GHz, the others can be overclocked up to 3.90GHz, I understand. So, folks need to ensure they have the correct CPU and GHz settings accordingly, just be aware.

I also can't understand why they recommend a 4th generation i7 series CPU, surely, the vast majority of gamers, and those of us who will play this Simulator for the next 5 years, or, more, will move, or, already have moved, on to a 6th/7th/8th generation, for performance enhancement, 4th gen will be obsolete in a few year's time!!!!!!

https://ark.intel.com/products/80810...up-to-3_90-GHz

https://ark.intel.com/#@Processors

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Minimum:

Processor: Central Processing Unit: i5 4690: 3.2 GHz Graphics processing unit: Geforce GTX 750 Ti or equivalent
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: 2GB
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 20 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    Additional Notes: Requires mouse And keyboard or Xbox Controller

Recommended:

Processor: Central Processing Unit: i7 4790: 3.6GHz. Graphics processing unit: Geforce GTX 970 or equivalent
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: 4GB
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 20 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    Additional Notes: Requires mouse And keyboard or Xbox Controller
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 02-26-2017 at 06:57 AM. Reason: re-edit