Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: West Colton-BSB-Mojave-Trona

Quote Originally Posted by usnret View Post
    OK got it.

What is holding me up right now is producing a good TXT file that shows the assets used by this route. And RWTools is not too good at having me do it.

I want anyone who downloads from your site to be able to install the route with a minimum of trouble. And depending upon what assets a given downloader may have, they will hopefully be able to eliminate the "milk bottles" that will probably occur when they download and install.

Best regards,

Bill

OK a big 230 MB compressed file has been sent!

I hope this works for your download file section in your site

Best regards,

Bill

Got it, will be posting it tomorrow (Saturday) morning when I usually post the uploads.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

NOTE: I cannot makes these route versions available in this forum's Route listings (and another forum) from the fact that they limit file size (compressed) to 100 Mbytes.
    Just a FYI..... you can take a large file or files and compress them into smaller chunks of your designated file size preference with WinRAR. This allows you to get large files out to people while still adhering to a website's files size limitations. It saves the files with sequential ending numbers. People just download the separate smaller files.

To open them up and have them reconstitute into the original large file, they must all be in the same directory so WinRAR can find them.

The program "HJSplit" also does this.

Here is an instruction page on how to do it in BOTH programs.....

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...rge-them-back/

EMD 2-strokes rule! My all-time favorite:SD45X I also like SD40-2/SD40T-2/SD45-2/SD45T-2/DD35A/DDA40X/SD70ACe/SD80ACe
    Intel i7-4510U 2GHz/3.1GHz // 8GB RAM // 4GB GeForce GTX 850M // Win 10 64-bit // TS2016 // Trainz 12 // Run 8

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    Got it, will be posting it tomorrow (Saturday) morning when I usually post the uploads.
    Good! I hope that the included readme and assets file will be of help to others who are interested in this route.

Now, for others interesting in this route, I have a much better rendition of the same route, by redoing the West Colton yard to be closer to the original and extending some track work to include more industries, I will be uploading this new improved route when I am completely satisfied with it, with Bob Artim's approval, of course.

Bests regards to all in this forum...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by landnrr View Post
    Anybody know where I can find this route?
    That route is now available at Railworks America:

http://railworksamerica.com/

Go into the files section, choose routes, and you will find it there, available for downloading!

Best regards,

Bill

It was on Otto's site but he died a year and it is now unavailable. Putnam BSB Mojave Sub RAR is now obsolete and has been replaced with Cajon Pass Alpha which is work in progress. Download this route it is the same route but some of the assets will need to be reconfigured. I will send a blast to all scenarios makers on RWA to remake their scenarios so they will work with the new Cajon Pass Alpha Route.

It is still available at RWA and I have d/led it and run it. Cajon Pass Alpha I'm sure doesn't cover the Trona and other parts of the route.

Tried it out yesterday: the "alpha" of Cajon-Mojave is already brilliant and looks so much better than all the older Cajon routes (including the commercial one whichis no longer available). I went from SanBa to Hesperia and what I experienced was really fine: nice scenery and no technical problems. Will try the rest of the route over the weekend.

I came back to this thread to ask about how to swap a yard switch for a road switch because the route called "Mojave Desert Railroading" (and to a lesser extent the older incarnation as well) suffers from a lot of manual switches on the route. But with the new route - that is now moot and the new route is the way to go.
    Last edited by deltatango; 10-13-2017 at 09:34 AM.