Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: West Colton-BSB-Mojave-Trona

Default West Colton-BSB-Mojave-Trona

Anybody know where I can find this route?

It was on Otto's Site which is now no longer available.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

I am the author of the route you are speaking of, plus a much more complete version of the same route that I made to redo the West Colton yard, plus several extensions of other routes to include more sidings at other industries.

But be warned that both of these version are huge, especially my latest version! Even in using the most efficient compression software (RAR) the compressed size is about 300 mbytes!

Otto Wipfel had a service that would receive these routes for his examination and then made available for others to download. But since his unfortunate death, I do not know of others would provide a similar service. To upload these routes to a similar service requires me to use a file servicing facility that allows me to upload huge files, since normal Email service cannot handle such large files.

So, if there is anyone in the forum that can accommodate this kind of service, I would be happy to upload both versions of the route in question and made then available for downloading for others.

NOTE: I cannot makes these route versions available in this forum's Route listings (and another forum) from the fact that they limit file size (compressed) to 100 Mbytes.

But if the owner of this forum can accommodate me for these routes, I will made them available.

Best regards,

Bill
    Last edited by usnret; 01-26-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Bill, I hope you are able to find a place for them. It is an awesome route.

Get in touch with me at RWA. I have Terrabytes of space and bandwidth and can handle it all. And the site is for free. I am artimrj there also.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Bob,

Thank you very much for offering this service!

John DeLamater

Bob's is the best idea. There are also file sharing sites on the net like Dropbox etc which you can upload files and share them with other people.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    Get in touch with me at RWA. I have Terrabytes of space and bandwidth and can handle it all. And the site is for free. I am artimrj there also.
    Please pardon my tardiness in replying sooner, bob, and I will communicate with you on your RWA. I looked at your rules for uploading stuff. noting your size limitation to 100 mbytes, compressed. So I put off attempting to upload my routes, both versions, that were about 300 mbytes in size! Now, I am still working of my latest version, so I suggest I make available to you. the route that was previously available on Otto's download page.

I prefer to upload the raw route page which has a very long string of characters, but which can then be posted directly in the "routes" folder of RW-2017. There will be an issue of assets missing unless I produce the source of all assets, which I will have to include in a readme file.

Of course, you may want me to upload the route differently so I will review the rules for doing this on your system.

Best regards,

Bill

Bill, I sent you a PM with my email and some instructions for getting it to me. And it does not matter what form the route is in as long as the people can install it.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    Bill, I sent you a PM with my email and some instructions for getting it to me. And it does not matter what form the route is in as long as the people can install it.
    OK got it.

What is holding me up right now is producing a good TXT file that shows the assets used by this route. And RWTools is not too good at having me do it.

I want anyone who downloads from your site to be able to install the route with a minimum of trouble. And depending upon what assets a given downloader may have, they will hopefully be able to eliminate the "milk bottles" that will probably occur when they download and install.

Best regards,

Bill