Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest on release.......

Default Latest on release.......

From an email received from DTG this morning:-

"Head over to Steam today, add it to your Wishlist and Follow it so you don't miss out on a single second when it releases next month!"
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Would prefer the preview trailers without the dramatic music so we can actually hear what the various elements in the simulation sound like. Also, I couldn't see any mention of price.
    Vern.

exactly warrior. i want to hear how REALISTIC the sounds of this new sim are..........

Lots of videos are spoilt by music. Real world Steam Train and aircraft videos to name a few.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Would prefer the preview trailers without the dramatic music so we can actually hear what the various elements in the simulation sound like. .......
    Unofficial, but from one of the beta testers, no doubt. He does do a commentary but you can hear all the sounds. About 13 minutes.

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Absolutely stunning graphics. Amazing.

I don't particularly care about the physics but I do find these long haul routes completely mind numbing.

Now if there were some short line switching layouts I'd certainly be interested. But otherwise ... .

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Unofficial, but from one of the beta testers, no doubt. He does do a commentary but you can hear all the sounds. About 13 minutes.

Yes a whole bunch of these popped up mid December. This is one of the better videos.

There are a few out there that list all the current BIG bugs of which I've seen most have been looked after as well as a bunch of in game optimization

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Absolutely stunning graphics. Amazing.

I don't particularly care about the physics but I do find these long haul routes completely mind numbing.

Now if there were some short line switching layouts I'd certainly be interested. But otherwise ... .
    The route is only about 50-odd miles so quite reasonable when compared to some of the long-haul creations out there now for MSTS & Train Simulator.

You'll be able to switch in both the Rockwood and Cumberland yards, Phil. A mix of types, too.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    You'll be able to switch in both the Rockwood and Cumberland yards, Phil. A mix of types, too.
    Unfortunately, there is no yard in Rockwood, just a junction with S&C.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."