Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fictional Kitashima Rail System Route under construction

Default Fictional Kitashima Rail System Route under construction

This is a fictional route on a pair of islands I've been working on for a while. I'm a bit over half-done with the track, so I thought it might be time to let people know why I haven't been making more scenery objects
    Here's a map of the route's track progress so far, orange areas have yet to be built. A more detailed map will be made soon.
    Route_Map.jpg

I have installed scenery on a short stretch of track as a test to see how my computer would handle it (MSTS took it like a champ, but OR was quite slow at this writing - I'm taking it in for a new video card today). I think it looks pretty good.
    Route_1.jpg

Nice route. Great looking vegetation. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more screen shots.

Ron

That's the only stretch I put any vegetation (or scenery, for that matter) on. Malchik's vegetation sets (available on trainsim.ru) are amazing, though, and I'll definitely use them on the rest of the route.

I still need to get a more detailed map up, and get back to work in general. The new video card means I can really go crazy now, and OR won't slow to a crawl

I've got quite a bit more track down now that my video card issue has been solved (I got a new one only to have its ram go out, and it took a week or so for the replacement to come). I know, both my images so far are in forested areas. That's because it's so easy to cover a large area with them, and I'm still working on getting some other areas ready.
    Route_2.jpg

The new map of what's been done. I made this last night, and it's already out-of-date.
    Route_Map_2.jpg

I'm going to see about scanning or taking a picture of my hand-drawn map of this route, which is very detailed, though I'll probably still have to make one or two more to get as much information about it as possible out there.

Off topic, ia there any real Japanese route aside from the default kuju ones?

A shinkansen route would be nice to see

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Off topic, ia there any real Japanese route aside from the default kuju ones?

A shinkansen route would be nice to see

Extremely rude to hijack someone's thread to ask an unrelated question. Start your own thread!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

---
    Last edited by joe_star; 04-19-2017 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Deleted, off topic

Not exactly the kind of attention I was hoping for...

Being Minnesotan means it is physically impossible to lose my cool over something like this. But Frank is right, it is rather poor form to just toss in a fully unrelated question to someone else's forum thread.

On a lighter note, I have made considerably more progress since the last time I put anything up, not to mention a more detailed mapRoute_Map_3.jpg

Some good-old Soviet technology , a TE2, crossing a pile trestle I recently made (that will eventually be up separately).
    Route_3.jpg

Part one of my series "Cities without streets". A Redhen stopped at the platform in Zelenaya Gora. Just behind the image is a diamond where the KRS mainline crosses and goes through town.
    Route_4.jpg

A Polish-built SP45 takes a passenger train east out of Sakamoto in a reminder of why not to use default MSTS environments in OR. Despite the station shapes being old enough to drive now, I use several Hisatsu Line station shapes throughout the route
    Route_5.jpg

I also finally have some proper maps taken from images of a hand-drawn map I used to design the route:
    Map_1.jpgMap_NI.jpg

Along with a map of companies, all fictional, of course, who operate on the island...well, islands, there are two:
    Route_Co_Map.jpg

Well, it's been a while, but that's because I've made a lot of progress, as the map indicates
    Route_Map_5.jpg

Two more images, the first with those nice GP16s on the KON line:
    Route_6.jpg

And the second from the mountains of the Western Range line. I am planning to build a Japanese Castle (see wiki article for images of those) to place on top of that cliff
    Route_7.jpg