Thread: How Will It Go Down? How Can I Get the New TSW on March 16?

Default How Will It Go Down? How Can I Get the New TSW on March 16?

Okay so I pre-paid. On March 16, how can I get the new TSW? Will this be available just after mid-night in North America in the Central time zone or is the release based on another time zone? Thanks in advance for direction on how this will work?

Derick

Found this on Steam. Quote "Just to let you all know, the game will NOT be playable/downloadable until 5 P.M United Kingdom time (GMT +0). So if you live in the Eastern Seabord of the US, you will not be able to play until 1 P.M or if you are on the Western Seaboard like me, 10 A.M."
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

So far as I can tell, it's not even pre-loaded yet so they are really taking it to the wire for release.

I may be getting away from work early this evening (called in a favour) so depending on how long the thing takes to download and install, might get an opportunity for a quick test drive.
    Vern.

DTG have said that there will be no preload for this release.

At 1 p.m. eastern U.S. time it appears that it became available. I was able to download it in about 10 minutes, which was pretty fast. Loading it up now...

And remember Nels, "Keep calm and carry on", or is that "Keep calm and have a cup of tea."
    Vern.

So here is how it went down for me. I logged into my Steam account and there was a TSW kind of tab. I clicked on it and it allowed me to start the download process.

Actually it was the Play Now button.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Download was pretty quick, only about 10 minutes.

Initially startup though...wow, after clicking play nothing happened for a really long time. I had to check the Windows task manager to see if it was actually running. It was but there was an extensive delay before anything showed up on the screen. Once it finished its initial setup, whatever it was doing, it worked fine.

Mine won't go past loading the Microsoft C ++ screen. Left it like that for 15 mins hoping something would happen but nothing. Have posted this issue on the CSX Tech forum on Steam.