Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Conn River

Quote Originally Posted by WSteven1 View Post
    ..where do I find the CV T3 Steam locomotive?
    It's over at Elvas Tower.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

It's right here in the library too, just have to enter the zio file name in the search field... CV_2-10-4_T3a.zip Worked for me. Keep in mind the engines only work in Open Rails.

Paul :-)

Thank you both - Gerry & Paul...I searched diligently for the CV T-3 but was TOTALLY unable to find it...I truly appreciate your responses and that you go out of your way to make sure folks like me, who are relative novices, are given all the help they need!!
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN

Enter

CV_2-10-4_T3a.zip

in the third box in the search where it says "or file name."

Or Type "Central Vermont" in the second box where it says "search for text". You'll find some other nifty stuff.

Leave the first box set to "All file sections" to get these results.

The search algorithm/protocols are out of date, updates to make it more intelligent and responsive cost$$$ and time/effort to implement.
    Searching under Steam Locomotives with the name Paul Charland brings up nothing.
    If you search specifically under Open Rails - Open Rails Locomotives it will come up. That's a dumb search engine.
    ...or as Christopher suggested search All File Sections...but sometimes that wide a search is just as inefficient as it turns up too many possibilities.
    Nels, how about crowd funding a new search engine for this otherwise wonderful site??
    Anyone else, interested in this idea. Is it possible...??

bandicam 2017-10-11 10-39-11-884.jpg bandicam 2017-10-11 10-39-26-801.jpg
    Last edited by R. Steele; 10-11-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

It is under Open Rails Locomotives in the library and it you do "open rails locomotives" search with putting in "cv" it will come up.

Or you can go to the "View File Sections" and view the Open Rails Locomotives section, on the 2nd page it is there, 2nd file from the bottom.
    Last edited by MMSS; 10-11-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Added Information

Gerry...I'm right there with you in participating in a 'Crowd Funding', considering the countless hours of entertainment MSTS brings to us all!!
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN

Crowd Funding -- like GokuMK's TSRE editor help?
    Sounds like a good way for us 'lurkers and takers' to contribute yo the community.

Regards,

wd watterson

(Yep, 'borrowing' from gremlin1812 -- just sounds better than my ancient 'Sincerely'