Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conn River

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Hi Willy,

There's not a whole lot I can do about tree placement. In MSTS Route they appear one place, in Open Rails another. Open Rail does have something that prevents trees from getting too close to the tracks. I have seen real shot of trains on the CV in Vermont that the trees are so dense the train is actually going through a tunnel formed by the branches.

Paul :-)
    Paul & Poochwilly, there is a fix for ORTS. Using a text editor (Wordpad, ConTEXT, etc.), open your ConnRiv.trk file (after backing it up, of course) and navigate to the bottom of the page. Insert this line as the last line above the final bracket:

ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance ( 1 )

This will move all trees and foliage off of the right of way. Be sure that the last ")" is below this line.
    Herb Kelsey

you guys just need to buy blw,s b and m pack its got alco s-2 s-4 rs-3s and lots of b and m budd cars they are the best running stuff in msts and I've run msts for 11 years . I've asked Ron and gaeten to come up with a conn river pack so when it comes out you should have everything you need for this route

We have a Conn River pack well on its way with everything anyone would ever need for 1956. Very close to finished!
    Maxwell Brisben
    President of Northern Vermont Locomotive Works
    Working Visual Artist
    BLW Productions/Zosa Trains Texture Artist

Congratulations, Paul.

Conn River is a great route - runs beautifully in Open Rails.
    (Since my video driver for my AMD video card got upgraded with Win 10, I can't run MSTS any more.)

Sid.
    Sid P.

Quote Originally Posted by atsf37l View Post
    Paul & Poochwilly, there is a fix for ORTS. Using a text editor (Wordpad, ConTEXT, etc.), open your ConnRiv.trk file (after backing it up, of course) and navigate to the bottom of the page. Insert this line as the last line above the final bracket:

ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance ( 1 )

This will move all trees and foliage off of the right of way. Be sure that the last ")" is below this line.
    G'day Herb, will this fix work in any route or just Conn river?
    Regards
    Barrie

Works with any routes trk file, Barrie. (sorry to barge in) - just follow instructions posted earlier.
    Numerically adjustable parameter - usually 2 works for most routes, have not gone above 4.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 05-09-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

G'day Gerry, thanks for that. I have now tried it on another route (Georgetown Loop RR) and it worked fine, I picked that route as I remembered it had a significant amount of trees on the track.
    Regards and thank you.
    Barrie

Paul...really enjoy the route but cannot find a rolling stock list anywhere...am I looking in the wrong places? I have looked in the Documentation file and the Consist file in the ConnRiverUpdate zip but to no avail....help!
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by WSteven1 View Post
    Paul...really enjoy the route but cannot find a rolling stock list anywhere...am I looking in the wrong places? I have looked in the Documentation file and the Consist file in the ConnRiverUpdate zip but to no avail....help!
    Hi Bill, Saw this and barged in - look in the activities folder. It's always the last place I look in, some sort of law Newton missed.
    Agreed - Another Gem from Paul. BLW has a fine, generous Conn River Set.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Gerry...found it...RIGHT where you said it would be...now..where do I find the CV T3 Steam locomotive? I have begun looking in MSTS but may have to substitute if I cannot find it...thanks!
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN