Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Conn River

Default Conn River

Paul,
    Having chased trains down the Conn River and knowing the area, you have hit another one out of the ball park. You captured WRJ and Bellows falls perfect, Great work. I have only explored the route and used your "DAR" hockey mask budd car. This weekend I'm going to run some of your activities.

Thank again.

Peter
    Last edited by arcadia2; 03-16-2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typos
    Arcadia Terminal Street & Dock RR

Thanks Peter,

This one turned into a lot of work early on.

Paul :-)

I down loaded the Route and installed it also. Very nice looking Route. Just one little problem. The trees close to the track that over hang are just a little to low as I am using CP Rail equipment both old and new. Just wondering if there is an update to correct that,as I'm not a route builder. Just like running trains up and down the High Irons, East to West and North to South. Happy simming.

Thanks Poochwilly

Hi Willy,

There's not a whole lot I can do about tree placement. In MSTS Route they appear one place, in Open Rails another. Open Rail does have something that prevents trees from getting too close to the tracks. I have seen real shot of trains on the CV in Vermont that the trees are so dense the train is actually going through a tunnel formed by the branches.

Paul,
    When I run the acts thru conbuilder I run into a milw_steamheating.eng? error and a missing B&M_RDC1_6133.eng file missing, I added the 6133AI.eng file but can't find the 6133.eng file.

Thanks.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by arcadia2 View Post
    Paul,
    When I run the acts thru conbuilder I run into a milw_steamheating.eng? ...Thanks. Peter
    Here in library >>> milwheat.zip
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hi Pete,

I've had this set of B&M RDCs so long I forgot all about the missing eng file. I just mad a copy of the engine file for 6154 and renumbered it, and there are three places inside the file you need to renumber... or you could just unzip this copy.

B&M-RDC1_6133.zip

Yes, can't even remember if I included that file in the update or just the updated required rollingstock file, but like Gerry says, it's in the library at:

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=19856 "milwheat/zip" if the link doesn't work.

Thanks Paul, this should fill in the blanks. I'm half way thru JS-4 and having a great time.

An off-handed question but is the Conn River v1 + update (released this March) = Conn River v2. I had downloaded Conn River v1 earlier and then subsequently only downloaded the update, presuming that would take me to v2. Accordingly to clear up is the Conn Riv update posted on F/L meant for v1 or v2? I ask this because the route runs fine but when I try to exit to menu (I have not yet installed any rolling stock, so just using explore route activity), I get a CTD with no message, instead of the menu screen; other routes by Paul appear to run fine and upon exit, I get no CTD. Or should I just download Conn Riv v2; only that the download has failed twice on me so I am not sure what is going on with F/L and/or the file; other downloads from F/L downloaded fine. Any assistance will be appreciated. Moreover, just wanted to publicly say thanks Paul for all the hours-days-weeks-months of effort you have put in to your route creations, they wonderfully represent a by-gone era...so thanks!

Hi... No, this is all just the Conn River Route. There was a minor problem with the exe when I posted it, probably should have just left it alone but had Nels pull it and I corrected the path in the exe and uploaded it. I added the ".2" to show Nels which file was the newer one and usually he removes that but didn't for whatever reason.

Not heard anyone else getting a crash to desktop, but I have had one person get a corrupt download and they had to replace and the second try worked fine.