Thread: Getting Started

Default Getting Started

Okay so I get into the game and I get a camera shot view of a railroad track. I can hear the sound of a locomotive but I do not have control over anything. Pressing the 1,2,3 or 4 key for camera view. I cannot zoom around with the camera to see where I am or what's going on? The manual hasn't given any help on this so far.

I'm downloading now but suspect that you have to walk to a loco and climb aboard.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

You have to walk to the loco and climb aboard.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I am slowly learning about this creature. I managed to walk, so to speak, and climb aboard the S-D40-2, got over to the driver seat and couldn't sit down. (laugh) How can I just sit back while they take it for a spend? It would be nice to have a birds eye view from within the cab and see if controls and are moving while I watch and learn until I get the hang of it. All the operating keys in the manual say they should operate the same, camera views, throttle increase, decrease, forward, backward, etc.

You should do the tutorials, dude. They're there for a reason.
    BTW: sitting down, standing up, climbing stairs and general actions: press E.

Yes, definitely to at least some of the tutorials. You'll be kind of lost otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by deltatango View Post
    You should do the tutorials, dude. They're there for a reason.
    Yes, you'll enjoy the first tutorial, it teaches you how to look up at the sky and down to the ground, don't forget to look left and right as well, things we need to learn, as if for living for nearly 60 years on this Planet, I haven't already figured this out for myself, yet.

You just can't make this up, can you, it's like something off Monty Python!!!!!

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 03-18-2017 at 08:21 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post

You just can't make this up, can you, it's like something off Monty Python!!!!!

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    We only need some of those funny walks to get things done in TSW quicker and better ...
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)