Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the TSW release

Quote Originally Posted by hminky View Post
    60 FPS, sure!
    I get 57~60 in most areas, with 33~36 in Cumberland, and 45~47 in Hyndman ~ Rockwood. All settings maxed.

Win10-64 Home
    Intel i7-7700 Kaby Lake
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E
    16Gb DDR4-3200
    EVGA GTX1070-FTW
    LG 27" 4K - 3840 x 2160
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

I only get between 20 and 30 FPS with settings set to medium. Runs smooth though and is playable.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I get 57~60 in most areas, with 33~36 in Cumberland, and 45~47 in Hyndman ~ Rockwood. All settings maxed.

Win10-64 Home
    Intel i7-7700 Kaby Lake
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E
    16Gb DDR4-3200
    EVGA GTX1070-FTW
    LG 27" 4K - 3840 x 2160
    That must be spectacular in 4K

That's why I only went with the 6600k ..... it was a placeholder till the price drops on your Kaby Lake i7 over the summer then I'm gonna swap that into my existing 1151 mobo

1080ti next

Then a 1440p display ( I don't need 4K )

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Read this before it is "disappeared" (if it hasn't already):

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...f=386&t=147220

I just love the comment that the thread should not have started in the first place!
    Still seems to be there... However the defence of the indefensible by certain elements at UKTS (Mr gptech in particular) is one of the reasons why I lost interest in the place and asked to cancel my account. They must all have a degree in barrack room lawyer practice (or been watching Better Call Saul) as every valid criticism is met with a snarky rebuttal. In particular the valid feedback about the physics being countered with, "It's only a simulation." Talk about appeasement.

To dismiss an in depth critique offered by a real engineer/driver is pathetic, TBH.

I do begin to wonder if a large percentage of the posters over there are DTG employees now running scared for their jobs.
    Vern.

LOL Vern, its like a bunch of lawyers there !

From what I understand Searchlight Simulations also offered help to DTG to develop sounds

They were turned down ..... sigh

TSWs sounds out of the box are not bad

BUT

Searchlight Simulations current sound replacement pack ( in the works ) sounds incredible

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Still seems to be there... However the defence of the indefensible by certain elements at UKTS (Mr gptech in particular) is one of the reasons why I lost interest in the place and asked to cancel my account. They must all have a degree in barrack room lawyer practice (or been watching Better Call Saul) as every valid criticism is met with a snarky rebuttal. In particular the valid feedback about the physics being countered with, "It's only a simulation." Talk about appeasement.

To dismiss an in depth critique offered by a real engineer/driver is pathetic, TBH.

I do begin to wonder if a large percentage of the posters over there are DTG employees now running scared for their jobs.
    Seems your account is still there, Vern. I've had enough after seeing that thread. Are they still worrying after the whe-who-must-not-be-named farce?

My downloads are still there but my forum account was cancelled when I chose the pistol rather than the firing squad.

Funnily enough that was over challenging the rose tinted view of Railworks (as it was then) and - probably my fault to an extent - allowing the red mist to influence what I posted.

Historical posts still visible (probably over six years now!).

But I'm all mellow and chilled now (honest!).
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post

100% agree Vern ....and sadly your last comment would seem logical but there's no blinder, head in the sand, stupid loyalty than the rantings of THE FAN? All criticism of the object of their love and affection is like a stab to their very own heart . The Utter stupidity of their rants is that those they attack are, if they were smart enough to think about it, actually ON THEIR SIDE?!!! For a country where gun ownership is mostly illegal we seem to excel in producing those who delight in "shooting themselves in the foot"
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Probably best not to veer too far OT with past events on another forum, but quite agree Geoff - denial a problem exists or making excuses for those responsible is just as bad as going overboard with criticism. At this point I'm sitting back and waiting to see what DTG actually do about it, enjoying using Run8, working on my route in TANE and thinking about following that with an MSTS "swansong" project.
    Vern.

I understand a patch has been issued on Steam, you have to arrange the download yourselves by going into the Beta area and installing it yourself, it's another 2.90 GB installation, as I assume it's the same package all over again with the amendments inside.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/530070...0492061700959/

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.