Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem Completing Scenario

Default Problem Completing Scenario

Hope I am in the right area

scenarios Fully Fuelled

after stopping train you are to un-hook last 2 engines and put them on the side track at Sandpatch

have tried this five times have not been able to complete
    the auto switch to put you on the side track will not move so I can go onto the track

have followed all steps including asking for permission
    gives me permission at restricted speed and still I can get on that track

any idea's
    Intel i7-6700k 4.0GHz 32GB memory, GTX TITAN X24GB 384-Bit PCI Express 3.0 SLI bridged Windows 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by tdwolf View Post
    Hope I am in the right area

scenarios Fully Fuelled

after stopping train you are to un-hook last 2 engines and put them on the side track at Sandpatch

have tried this five times have not been able to complete
    the auto switch to put you on the side track will not move so I can go onto the track

have followed all steps including asking for permission
    gives me permission at restricted speed and still I can get on that track

any idea's
    Did you at any point save the game and come back to it ??

It's a bad bug BUT saving breaks stuff.

You are going to have to run it again.

I stated earlier that your best bet 'till DTG addresses this is only start a scenario / service if you have time to finish it.

I finished that very one today ( with no pauses or saves ) and completed it successfully.

Took me 3 tries to figure out what was breaking this scene area.

Steam forums post multiple reports of " saves " breaking many things

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

thanks for the info

will try that and see what happens

have saved others and had do problems and was able to complete
    this one was the only one that was bugging me PS: I had save this one
    Intel i7-6700k 4.0GHz 32GB memory, GTX TITAN X24GB 384-Bit PCI Express 3.0 SLI bridged Windows 10 Pro 64

Had the same problem. I did save during the scenario but didn't load a save game. Was hoping that loading a save game would may be solve the issue. Haven't tried that yet.

Yes I have the same issue with this scenario, and yes I did a save. Some people on Steam say that they have completed it even after a save

On RWA. You have to wait for a coal train to pass before the switch changes, then you can complete the scenario. Look for it on the 2D map.
    Last edited by Flybyme; 03-23-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

I completed it after a save. However all saves do not work. Had a few that were strange. Like my brake pipe being totally empty on loading a save. Another had the outside sound inside the cab and would lower in volume if you opened the window.

As for Fully Fueled though you have to wait for that coal train to pass through. AI dominates the switches just like TS2017.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    I completed it after a save. However all saves do not work. Had a few that were strange. Like my brake pipe being totally empty on loading a save. Another had the outside sound inside the cab and would lower in volume if you opened the window.

As for Fully Fueled though you have to wait for that coal train to pass through. AI dominates the switches just like TS2017.
    I now don't sit at TSW unless I have time to finish a scenario / service from beginning to end

I don't save ever

I have not had any crashes, bugs, strange anomalies since.

I did have a cab warning I couldn't figure out today so I just shut the breaker off and pretended it wasn't happening. I will log it in the defect book for the next crew

Good luck with ice and snow. It is 3 hours. I just sat through it and on parts of it I went down and got another coke, then later a few cookies and later had a sandwitch. I tried loading saves on it several times and each time the brakes were stuck on. I even tried starting it new and the brakes were stuck on. I had to restart the sim, to clear memory I guess, for it to be normal.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    Good luck with ice and snow. It is 3 hours. I just sat through it and on parts of it I went down and got another coke, then later a few cookies and later had a sandwitch. I tried loading saves on it several times and each time the brakes were stuck on. I even tried starting it new and the brakes were stuck on. I had to restart the sim, to clear memory I guess, for it to be normal.
    LOL ... yup that was the last scenario I had to run

I did it this AM

i work 18 1/2 hour days on the train so to sit at a sim for 3 is pretty simple

Bathroom breaks however become an issue lol

It's wait for a clear signal in the distance .. sprint upstairs .. across the house .. bio break .. sprint back .. refill coffee .. go downstairs as fast as possible without spilling coffee .. sit back down

Resume / repeat as required

Yup I wont even pause TSW lol

The real challenge in all the above is trying to avoid the 3 X 70lbs dogs running beside me thinking it's play time.

Going on 35 hours in TSW and I'm enjoying it more and more.

I'm gonna start all the services tomorrow. Get the GP38 outta the way first

I've had the same problem. Started the scenario last night & saved it cause it was late. Came back to it the next day & stopped at the summit. Went to the rear of the train & the rear 2 engines won't uncouple. I've saved many other scenarios with no problem. Oh well, I suppose I will have to do it again. Anyone any other ideas how to solve the problem?