Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can you free roam in TSW

  1. #1

    Default Can you free roam in TSW

    I was wondering if a person can free roam in TSW. Also since there is limited documentation for TSW, would documentation from TS2016 be ok, mainly docs for understanding CSX track signs, signals usage and other general info. I assume that the info. on signs along the tracks might be different between RR companies.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamba, N.S.WALES, Australia
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddogken View Post
    I was wondering if a person can free roam in TSW. Also since there is limited documentation for TSW, would documentation from TS2016 be ok, mainly docs for understanding CSX track signs, signals usage and other general info. I assume that the info. on signs along the tracks might be different between RR companies.
    From my very limited experience (about 5 hrs all up) I couldn't find any way of exiting Cumberland yard, because the switches to the main lines were not manually-operable.
    I could free-roam to my heart's content within the yard, though!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    From my very limited experience (about 5 hrs all up) I couldn't find any way of exiting Cumberland yard, because the switches to the main lines were not manually-operable.
    I could free-roam to my heart's content within the yard, though!
    Services are your " free roam "

    Although I've never started within Cumberland Yard and tried to get out.

    I will try that tomorrow ... after I try out the hump yard

    Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    94

    Thumbs down Hopeless

    Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    From my very limited experience (about 5 hrs all up) I couldn't find any way of exiting Cumberland yard, because the switches to the main lines were not manually-operable.
    I could free-roam to my heart's content within the yard, though!
    All I do in TS2017 is free roam and I thought this would be the same, but no. All this having to get out and switch points is soul destroying. And some points you can't even alter. Are they going to alter that ? and give us a map we can just switch points from. I want to drive trains, not walk about.
    I bought but only played it for 40 mins. Never been back to it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Beaver, Pennsylvania, USA.
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Press 9 to get the map. You can change switches from there also, instead of getting out and walking to the switch, then back again.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    Press 9 to get the map. You can change switches from there also, instead of getting out and walking to the switch, then back again.
    Well I can't. I've tried it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->