Thread: Can you free roam in TSW

Default Can you free roam in TSW

I was wondering if a person can free roam in TSW. Also since there is limited documentation for TSW, would documentation from TS2016 be ok, mainly docs for understanding CSX track signs, signals usage and other general info. I assume that the info. on signs along the tracks might be different between RR companies.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogken View Post
    I was wondering if a person can free roam in TSW. Also since there is limited documentation for TSW, would documentation from TS2016 be ok, mainly docs for understanding CSX track signs, signals usage and other general info. I assume that the info. on signs along the tracks might be different between RR companies.
    From my very limited experience (about 5 hrs all up) I couldn't find any way of exiting Cumberland yard, because the switches to the main lines were not manually-operable.
    I could free-roam to my heart's content within the yard, though!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    From my very limited experience (about 5 hrs all up) I couldn't find any way of exiting Cumberland yard, because the switches to the main lines were not manually-operable.
    Services are your " free roam "

Although I've never started within Cumberland Yard and tried to get out.

I will try that tomorrow ... after I try out the hump yard

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Thumbs down Hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    All I do in TS2017 is free roam and I thought this would be the same, but no. All this having to get out and switch points is soul destroying. And some points you can't even alter. Are they going to alter that ? and give us a map we can just switch points from. I want to drive trains, not walk about.
    I bought but only played it for 40 mins. Never been back to it.

Press 9 to get the map. You can change switches from there also, instead of getting out and walking to the switch, then back again.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    Press 9 to get the map. You can change switches from there also, instead of getting out and walking to the switch, then back again.
    Well I can't. I've tried it.