Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TSW - Official Patch 2 released

Default TSW - Official Patch 2 released

There's more issues BUT its a good start

Anyways ...

Following on from last weeks post as detailed below - we are now releasing Update 2 to all TSW: CSX Heavy Haul owners which addresses the following issues/bugs:

FULL PATCH NOTES

Patch Size: 2.9Gb

Load/Save Issues

A Crash on loading previous saves has been identified and we believe resolved

The dispatcher not being properly re-initialised on reloading some saves has been resolved

We have identified some control states on the locomotives and rolling stock were not being restored correctly on loading and have rectified this

Objective markers were sometimes not re-appearing on loading a save game.

Optimisation

We have found some issues with the render distances for Splines and Foliage to be set too far out and have reduced these to more appropriate settings for a decent performance improvement
    Some work has been done to optimise the tasks going on for managing AI trains in the background and reduce their overhead.
    We have reviewed dynamic shadow casting and optimised how and where this is being done.

We have removed unnecessary shadow casting from lights in the menu background for a good framerate improvement while in the menu.

There have also been a few other minor optimisations to various areas around the game.
    Keyboard Support

We have added support for the following keyboards:

Turkish
    Russian
    Czech
    US_International
    Swiss German
    French
    French Canadian
    Polish
    Spanish
    Italian
    Arabic

Rail Vehicles

Incorrect ditch light behaviour on GP38-2 and AC4400CW has been fixed

Culling on SD40-2 when looking at rear wall has been fixed

The Dynamic brake on the HUD was showing positive amps when it should be negative, this has now been fixed.

Fuel consumption values for all three locomotives have been corrected.

Gameplay

A number of achievements were being issued simultaneously for incorrect reasons, these have all been reviewed and are now working correctly.

We identified an additional situation in which a train could derail and not cause the end-game sequence to trigger.

Audio

Compressor and Brake discharge audio volume has been increased

Missing hand brake chain sound on box car has been added

Whistle board had an electrical hum sound, this has been removed.

Known Issues

Saving whilst game delivers "objective complete" message causes no objectives at all upon reloading.

RARE: Inability to pause the game. (If you experience this, we would like to know more please let us know!

Update 2 will download automatically from Steam and will be approximately 2.9GB in size.

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Do we need to uninstall u2tb first?

It doesn't tell and Steam did nothing to my TSW
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

Yes you have to OPT out of any beta you are using.
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

"Update 2"?
    So it still is a "beta" test and no mention of physics.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    "Update 2"?
    So it still is a "beta" test and no mention of physics.
    No this is a 1st official patch ( taken from 2 betas )

This one auto installs ... the betas you had a choice

They ( DTG ) are dealing with performance / crashes and bugs first .... then off to physics number crunching from what I understand.

I didn't have a lot of performance issues before the patch ( and I didn't test the beta patches ) but after installing it this AM and turning off vsync the patch boosted my FPS about 10-15. Unfortunately the lack of a non gsync monitor makes the screen tearing horrible .....

So back to vsync on and a solid lower FPS

I did however have UE4 crash the game today.

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

What has been released today is a newer version of TSW with the beta that was released last week integrated into the original version. So this is TSW version 2.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyme View Post
    What has been released today is a newer version of TSW with the beta that was released last week integrated into the original version. So this is TSW version 2.
    Thank you for clarifying that.

I'll wait for the version with corrections to the physics.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that.

I'll wait for the version with corrections to the physics.
    Likewise here.

However DTG arrogance alive and kicking in their apparent reply to this guy http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...47187&start=15 (Page 2) about only having one save slot - which looks like that's how it's going to stay. So I wouldn't hold our breath on it.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Likewise here.

However DTG arrogance alive and kicking in their apparent reply to this guy http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...47187&start=15 (Page 2) about only having one save slot - which looks like that's how it's going to stay. So I wouldn't hold our breath on it.
    That doesn't make any sense at all. They have multiple saves available in TS20XX yet only one in this brilliant new flagship.

Who on earth at that place dreamt that one up?!! Must've been sucking the sauce bottle.

I think DTG are still struggling with the save and resume feature in depth.
    Also, game progress, saved states etc. should be synchronised with Steam. UE4 should have some provisions for that purpose, given its wide use in programming games that are exclusively on Steam.

The current game saves everything locally to My Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype.
    The save file is a huge 10 MB of binary, but some text is recognisable, every switch, instrument, door, window, bell or horn, script running needs its precise stated saved.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)