Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW Statistics So Far.

Quote Originally Posted by CPR_Malice_96th View Post
    I've done more walking in the 7 years I've been with the railway than I have the rest of my life
    Yes same here. Walking on ballast comes second nature to me. Years of walking to the back of the train ( old days before radio comms) waking the Guard up (brakeman )

According to Steam Spy maximum of 164 people worldwide playing this yesterday. Total owners still struggling to climb over the 20k mark.

Discussion of the product on the three main forums (here, UKTS, RWA) all but dropped off to the level we associate with World Of Subways.

Hard to see this as anything other than a massive flop for DTG.
    Vern.

It's too bad because it's got so much potential. But considering their track record of releasing a new version of something every year it doesn't look too good. Also to be fair I'm seeing a drop from my perspective in Run8, though my reach across forums is not as huge. I hear this time of year many in the north tend to want to get outside more

Thanks

Sean

Could be a factor Sean, I haven't touched Run8 myself for over a week. that's not because I've lost interest, just so much else to do tidying the garden, getting out for some walks and the wife wanting the bedroom decorated and re-laminated before the summer! Also pushing my route for Trainz has left me feeling a bit burned out generally and it's nice to have a change and just blow a few heads off Raiders in Fallout 4 or similar...
    Vern.

Happens to all of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .....Hard to see this as anything other than a massive flop for DTG.
    Why was Paul Jackson awarded a knighthood? Seriously.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I wouldn't be surprised at that, Bruce, this is Britain after all, we award massive failures with Knighthoods and other gongs, it's endemic in our Political circles, and of course, he did get David Cameron to visit him in his office, once.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 04-20-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Sorry...I mustn't have been clear; what was the official reason for the knighthood....services to ??????
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Vern --

Well, I've relented and tried it. Wanted to like it because the graphics are so mind blowing superb. Ran the length once but after a while it became a bit tedious. Started running it again and found it mind blowing boring. Gave up.

Yes, the physics are borked, which puts off the real hard core simulators. The monotony will put off the casual player. The lack of both an editor and a session generator together with the lack of any interactions with AI trains will limit the appeal to compulsive fiddlers like me.

"Also pushing my route for Trainz has left me feeling a bit burned out generally ... ."

I know the feeling too well. Over the past few days I've been obsessed by a new model layout. I'm quite pleased with the end result though. If you or any others are interested, a video of a quick run up the hill with a loco and two gondolas is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFknoOj9vUA&t=338s

Phil

No word yet on more bugs corrected? The TSW Steam forum still mentions lots of (recurring) bugs.

The decline in number of players is worrying, but was probably anticipated. If a 100000 played the beta, the number of tickets would have been almost unmanageable.
    Sandpatch for the entry route? Pretty scenery, but boring after a dozen runs up and down.
    Biggest omission is the activities and trains editor, on that one all of us agree. Route editing and object creation can come later, but I would have very much liked to assemble my own trains.

What I fear the most is that physics and operation will never be really corrected, while it is so easy: nothing but formulae from an engineering textbook.
    Also I fear the slackening of standards. We've got three locomotives, with an impressive feature array. Yet there already are differences: why can the wipers be moved by hand on the SD40 but not on the GP38? Why no startup sequence an all the engines? Why the funny brakehoses? Why no prototypical different coupler types? Why the limited functionality of the SDIS, radio, train length counter and EOTD box?
    I fear future DLC will miss out on more and more of these features because of time contraints, maximum profit demands and general lack of coordination and QA in the realisation of DLC.

But here we only complain about US rolling stock. What will DTG bring to us on its official launch of TSW UK and TSW Germany?

My wallet will do the voting: not to my liking or too bugged, 2 hour refund!
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)