Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TrainsimUSA video

Default TrainsimUSA video

https://youtu.be/C1TRm9VWElk

Simply a great video of this beautiful route

Patches are making the sim better every week. ( Patch 3 in testing and a 4th being worked on @ DTG )

The sounds got " deeper " in version 3 but still need changes ( imho )

I will literally pay someone at DTG to remove the 52 miles of fence ( on both sides ) along the right of way however

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Quote Originally Posted by CPR_Malice_96th View Post

<snip>

I will literally pay someone at DTG to remove the 52 miles of fence ( on both sides ) along the right of way however
    </snip>
    Hear hear...

The Railroad didn't pay for all of that fencing ..... that's a guarantee

On a recent trip to Austin, TX. on the Texas Eagle, the Union Pacific implemented a major fence construction project along the main line, from Chicago, IL. to San Antonio TX. Covering mainly city locations, but adding hundreds of miles of fencing along the right-of-way in the country. Apparently stray animals and small children were the main concern. Its an ongoing project with the main concern being liability.
    Interested in all Train-Sims

Quote Originally Posted by CPR_Malice_96th View Post

Simply a great video of this beautiful route
    Very pretty.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Very pretty.
    Pretty for sure BUT still needs a huge physics overhaul

The DTG guys have been very open about what's in the works and it still looks like "bugs" are their primary concern for the current patch 3 and patch 4 coming next week.

Some still can't pause the sim lol ...... maybe this is part of the immersion ??

Physics seems to be a back burner issue for the time being

Oh well

My true issue with TSW at present is at 40 hours in, the same 52 miles of track is becoming stagnant.

Another issue would be double track mainline makes for NO meets .... it's literally clear after clear after clear.

If there were editors to create / share scenarios this would definitely help with the above BUT I'd like to see physics overhauled before they do anything else.

I was hoping they'd shy away from TS20xx BUT there is more new product in the works for that as well. I guess they have to keep cash flowing while TSW gets an overhaul

I started up TS2017 today and I couldn't even play that lol

I would respectfully suggest physics should be elevated to a fairly urgent level, I just cannot bring myself to touch the thing again until this issue is resolved, which I'm sure is the same way most serious simulation aficionados feel about the situation.
    Vern.

nice video with awesome graphics. i would like to hear more realistic g.e. and emd engine sounds........

"I would respectfully suggest physics should be elevated to a fairly urgent level, I just cannot bring myself to touch the thing again until this issue is resolved, which I'm sure is the same way most serious simulation aficionados feel about the situation. "

+1 additionally the same fifty miles of track is pretty much all done for me. Back to TS2017 where there is a never ending stream of things to do.
    Last edited by buzz456; 04-07-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I would respectfully suggest physics should be elevated to a fairly urgent level, I just cannot bring myself to touch the thing again until this issue is resolved, which I'm sure is the same way most serious simulation aficionados feel about the situation.
    +1. Additionally I am done with fifty odd miles of track. Back to 2017 with it's endless stream of things to do.