Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.5 released

Default Patch 3.5 released

New update today .... I have not had time to install/test this as of yet and I won't get at it until Saturday night

DTG has also stated Editors by the end of the year ( yay ) .... I hope their ends in May lol

Anyways here is version 3.5 with 4 coming next week

Train Sim World Update 3.5 Available for Testing

7 APRIL - DTG_JAMES

We’d like to give a big thank you to all of you who offered your feedback and encouragement on U3TB. There are one or two things that we'd like to look into in greater detail so we're delaying moving this build to the main release this week. Instead, we have rolled all the fixes and improvements we have from U3TB into U3.5TB.

Today we have made our fourth update test build for Train Sim World available for you to test, with a view to release the patch to the main game early next week.

**** Keyboard Support

Belgium - Added number keys for camera views
    French – Fixed Q/A mapping conflict
    Hungary – Brake keys fixed
    Additional keyboard fixes for:
    Switzerland
    Turkish
    Arabic
    Danish
    Norwegian
    Portuguese
    Bulgarian
    Canadian French
    Finnish
    Swedish
    Slovenian
    Spanish
    Fixes to localisation including Polish and Russian

**** Rail Vehicles

Additional improvements to the brake pipes.

Over-bright ditch lights fixed

Fixed AC4400CW IFD screens disappearing when not fully visible on-screen.

Some improvements to how End of Train Devices are handled on certain services

Fixed PCS on AC4400CW which was causing emergency brake application continually

Rain/Snow will no longer appear on windows while in tunnels

**** User Interface

Added FPS limit options to the advanced setting screen

Screenshot Quality settings are now saved correctly

Added keyboard language code ID to setting screen to aid in DTG diagnosing additional keyboard issues.

Added “completed” icon to Services menu

Added clock to screen when in First Person on foot mode

Added a Ctrl+0 command so that if you are driving a train, get up and walk around and end up glitching to somewhere you can no longer drive, Ctrl+0 will now put you back in your engineers seat. A more complete fix to prevent glitching is being investigated.

**** Route

Fixed errant floating trees at Sand Patch Summit

Slowed melt/freeze speed

A number of art issues resolved as raised by customer support tickets

**** Optimization

Further work has been carried out to further improve frame rates in scenarios

Other optimisation improvements

**** KNOWN ISSUES

Game crash when trying to tab a signal in the Cumberland Charge scenario

One of the ditch lights on the AC4400CW doesn't emit light (very minor).

Some keys not working on German, Italian, Austrian, Dutch, Czech and French keyboards

The Train Sim World Update 3 Test Build download will be approximately 350 MB in size.

The Train Sim World update is available for you to test on Steam. To subscribe to the Update 3.5 Test Build, follow these instructions:

**** Subscribing to Test Builds

Load Steam and navigate to your Game Library.

Right-click on Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul and select Properties.

Select the Betas Tab and from the drop-down box, select u3.5tb from the list.

Click Close and Steam will automatically begin to download.

It’s important that you share your feedback with us, you can do this below on the Steam forums or by submitting tickets to our Support Team.

The Train Sim World Update 3.5 Test Build download will be approximately 350 MB in size.

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

They are still evading or at least skirting around the physics though. Not being unkind, but localisation tweaks for obscure corners of the world are picking the low hanging fruit so to speak. Let's just hope it's not because it needs a major re-write and they don't know how to do it...
    Vern.

Whining again. DTG objective at the moment is to get the game optimization correct. The so called physics part that you are complaining about well come later. Very few people are complaining about the physics though. Editor well come later this year. Thread over on Steam where DTG have asked what you would like in the editor. Go over their and put your suggestions so you cannot whine about them not being implemented. I have increased fps in the new update now getting about 45fps up from 25 in the original release.

I would suggest to you to keep running TSW and report over on DTG what you want done as DTG are listening to everyone their.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyme View Post
    Whining again. DTG objective at the moment is to get the game optimization correct. ....
    "Whining"?
    Hardly.
    These are legitimate observations - and concerns - raised about items which should and could have been discovered and obliterated before the release.
    If they had done so then they would not be spending our time...yes, the past few weeks have been part of our payment for this mess...trying to clean up this dog's breakfast.

I won't be downloading any of these so-called "updates".
    I'll wait to reinstall after version 1.1 is released - which perhaps may have the physics corrected.
    If not, then DTG have taken my money under false pretences.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

What a load of tripe. I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    They are still evading or at least skirting around the physics though. Not being unkind, but localisation tweaks for obscure corners of the world are picking the low hanging fruit so to speak. Let's just hope it's not because it needs a major re-write and they don't know how to do it...
    I hope with you ...

DTG's dealings with physics as proven by TSxx where a lot of physics parameters that were in the blueprints were never implemented in the game engine, or interpreted wrongly and never corrected, leaves me quite worried over TSW.
    I've tried to check a moving train up close, and the physics of car bodies swinging and dancing, trucks swivelling, couplers wriggling, hoses dangling, etc. means that the dynamics of a moving rail vehicle seem to be modelled to an extent sufficient to fool my eyes. It does look real to me.

However, to the train handling physics of locomotives pulling a string of cars under different adhesive conditions, up and down grades, through sharp curves, etc. I cannot testify. I am not a train driver for real, and my only comparison in simulation is Run8v2.
    I yet have to have a derailment because I string lined my train for instance. I've let a service run away and it derailed eventually at over 100 MpH.

Without a consist editor we cannot make up prototypical trains and try to get those over the mountain as seen in many Youtube videos.

My biggest peeve with DTG's train physics is the failure to properly implement the automatic train brake. Pull a pin on your moving train and it doesn't go into emergency. Perhaps the couplers were created as unbreakable?
    For TSW to turn from a game into a proper simulation, lots of things need to be cleared up in the manual, explained why not implemented, and of course fixed when found broken.

We will see ...

The coming UK and Germany release will have a completely different emphasis, no 16000 tons trains with 6 motors in DPU configuration there.
    Last edited by Edwin; 04-08-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyme View Post
    Whining again. DTG objective at the moment is to get the game optimization correct. The so called physics part that you are complaining about well come later. Very few people are complaining about the physics though. Editor well come later this year. Thread over on Steam where DTG have asked what you would like in the editor. Go over their and put your suggestions so you cannot whine about them not being implemented. I have increased fps in the new update now getting about 45fps up from 25 in the original release.

I would suggest to you to keep running TSW and report over on DTG what you want done as DTG are listening to everyone their.
    As noted before if you think people here are whining, why bother even looking. Put me and others on your ignore list.

And you can take this any which way you wish, as a paying customer purchasing a train simulation I expect it to do that first and foremost. The Latvian localisation can come later. I may take a look later and see if the graphics performance has changed and whether that has wrought some improvement in other areas, but judging by comments elsewhere no such luck.

DTG is not a charity, they are supposed to be a competent and high end software developer, feted by the previous UK Prime Minister as an example of "enterprise" culture. They need to start living up to that and stop ripping off customers for half finished train games.
    Vern.

I have to join the ranks of complainers after this patch.If you look closely at the track beds in cumberland yd.they are now a flat plane with a pasted on gravel texture,whereas in previous builds they were 3 dimensional gravel.Reducing graphics quality is not optimization.It really looks awful.The one thing this had going for it was the eyecandy. DTG is throwing that away because of a few on steam forums who like at least 60 FPS all the time.I and many others were OK with less FPS because it ran smoothly.I may as well buy Run8.

Quote Originally Posted by smiljacc18 View Post
    I have to join the ranks of complainers after this patch.If you look closely at the track beds in cumberland yd.they are now a flat plane with a pasted on gravel texture,whereas in previous builds they were 3 dimensional gravel.Reducing graphics quality is not optimization.It really looks awful.The one thing this had going for it was the eyecandy. DTG is throwing that away because of a few on steam forums who like at least 60 FPS all the time.I and many others were OK with less FPS because it ran smoothly.I may as well buy Run8.
    Pretty sure that this will be the removal of Parallax and/or Bump offset in the terrain materials, which is a known high cost option in UE4 rendering.
    Looks great but needs to be used sparingly there are cheaper methods of acheiving some 3D definition for terrain.

I see that they have implemented the FPS lock in this release,
    In my own work in UE4 I found that the built in FPS range option was very good at smoothing performance, a hard limit is good for high end machines, but can cause skipping on lower end machines that cannot keep up with the Tick rate

Sly

And everyone laughed at N3V and the TANE fiasco.

All the quotes are the same, all the excuses are the same.

Deja vu all over again, I guess there are parallel universes.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 04-08-2017 at 07:52 AM.