Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: BDWorkshop's TS2017 Route

I'm just about finished building the Standard Beef Co, add-on to the L&WV Scranton depot. This building sits between the Scranton Depot and Cedar Ave. in Scranton. Both buildings still exist today but there were many add-on modifications through the years. Oddly enough it is still used for meat processing. I believe this building was built sometime in the late 1920's and I've modeled it as it looked in the early 1950's. Aerial photos suggested that this building had it own rail dock on the back side of the building, so I added it to the model.

Standard_Beef_1.jpg
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

I messes up the first post for some reason so I deleted it.
    Here is a look at the textured Standard Beef Co. / L&WV depot add-on building. I found I that I missed a section of the building. This addition made the building longer. Now it's time to import it into TS2017.

Standard_Beef_3.jpg
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

The Standard Beef Co. building is in TS2017...the process was fairly painless. I am noticing something though. The rendering of TS2017 is a bit weird, especially with tiling textures. They seem to create a undesirable patterns as you move away from the model. Note how the brick patterns show funny artifacts. Is there a way to deal with this problem? My tile textures are 512 by 512. Is that too big?
    20170811142914_1.jpg20170811142856_1.jpg
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Here is the finished model in the a snow scene. Next building...the L&WV Car Shops.
    20170811162838_1.jpg
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Looking great. Your Models always look so real.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Quote Originally Posted by dphorton View Post
    Looking great. Your Models always look so real.
    Thanks Dave, at least I know one person is looking at my pictures.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Here is a first look at the L&WV Car barn or Car shops. From what I understand this car barn had 9 tracks with 3 bays that can hold up to 27 trolleys. This building is untextured without any definition. The colors represent the different textures I'm planning on using. Today this building stands modified from it's original version and is used as a plastics factory.

lwvcarbarn_1.jpg
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

The car barn building has been made and is ready for some texturing...this building should be an interesting one.

lwvcarbarn_2.jpg

Maybe I should show you the real thing...
    Carshops 5.jpg
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Scott about all I can assist you with is to look at your pictures. Wish I was more knowledgeable about what you do but that is life. I will be waiting to see the Route when it is completed.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Well, whether I get the answers to my questions or not, I shall forge ahead. With each new model that I make, it's getting easier and easier. Most of all I'm having fun making these creations. That is what it's all about after all.

Here is a look at the textured car barn.
    lwvcarbarn_4.jpg
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop