Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BDWorkshop's TS2017 Route

Default BDWorkshop's TS2017 Route

I've moved over from Trainz to TS2017. I started laying track for a new project. This is a project that I've wanted to do in TS2017 but felt I didn't have the necessary skills to pull it off. I believe I have those skill now....or I'm very close to them!

BDWorkshop' L&WV Laurel Line

The Laurel Line is a great subject to model for TS2017. It's not so big that the computer can't keep up and the subject route covers a wide variety of interests. Here is a little history.

The Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley's Laurel Line is a electric interurban line that was built in 1903. It was built in the heart of hard coal country, northeastern Pennsylvania. This railroad was built to the highest standards of the time. It was a 19 mile double tracked railroad powered by a unprotected 650 volt 3rd rail. The line connected Scranton to Pittston, to Wilkes-Barre.

While the anthracite region was already saturated with major railroads at this time, they lacked the efficiency and comfort from moving passengers within the region. The Laurel Line was built to the big railroad standards. Not only did the Laurel Line move passengers, they also a freight interchange point for the major railroads of the area; DL&W Erie and the LV. Scenarios for this route could be endless.

I'm in the process of updating my website to host this new project. With in the next couple days I'm planning on adding a history page to show the complete history behind my project. I'm also going to open a download page for my custom content for other to download. Lastly, I'm planning on adding a blog for the route current status. With this I'm hoping to help others that enjoy making routes in TS2017.

Click on the link in my sig below to view the site.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Hi Scott. Good to see you are still working on the Route.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Hi Dave. This is going to be a long term project hopefully filled with lots of historical details. Look for an progress update later on today.

I did find one problem, I posted this on Steam but didn't get any replies. The route I'm building is a 3rd rail route that uses superelevation. The problem is that when I use superelevation I'm having a hard time placing junctions and 3rd rail. The junction can be fixed but it takes time. The 3rd rail however comes out all wrong and renders in the wrong places. Has anybody else had this problem? Has anybody been able to overcome this problem?
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond1964 View Post
    Hi Dave. This is going to be a long term project hopefully filled with lots of historical details. Look for an progress update later on today.

I did find one problem, I posted this on Steam but didn't get any replies. The route I'm building is a 3rd rail route that uses superelevation. The problem is that when I use superelevation I'm having a hard time placing junctions and 3rd rail. The junction can be fixed but it takes time. The 3rd rail however comes out all wrong and renders in the wrong places. Has anybody else had this problem? Has anybody been able to overcome this problem?
    You can't put junctions on superelevated curves they have to be a flat curve. If you place a junction on a strait piece that has a superelevation place the junction about 15m from the curve. It takes about 10m for the track to even out on strait pieces. I know in TS2012 you couldn't do this and not sure if they updated this that you could do it.

Not sure about the third rail, never built a route using the third rail.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat41 View Post
    You can't put junctions on superelevated curves they have to be a flat curve. If you place a junction on a strait piece that has a superelevation place the junction about 15m from the curve. It takes about 10m for the track to even out on strait pieces. I know in TS2012 you couldn't do this and not sure if they updated this that you could do it.

Not sure about the third rail, never built a route using the third rail.
    Thanks for the info Tom. I ended up not using the superelevation option. I thought there might be a track building secret that I haven't learned yet.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Question...I'm using the Greenliner as a test trolley on my route. The Greenliner shows up on the list in the editor but the model itself won't show. I assume that I'm missing something for the model. Which is the best way to find out what is missing from a model?
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond1964 View Post
    Which is the best way to find out what is missing from a model?
    Contact the author. They might have missed a step in the instructions.
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Scott, you will get lot of help here. Especially Marc who does Routes and is doing the Tehachapi Pass for Railworks. I would be glad to help where I can. Where did you get the Greenliner Trolly from?
    Last edited by dphorton; 04-16-2017 at 06:58 PM.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Quote Originally Posted by dphorton View Post
    Scott, you will get lot of help here. Especially Marc who does Routes and is doing the Tehachapi Pass for Railworks. I would be glad to help where I can. Where did you get the Greenliner Trolly from?
    I got it from the file library here. I looked at the read me, but I'm not sure if I have everything that needs to be installed. Since I never really messed around with downloaded content before I'm not sure the process of checking to see if I have all the needed dependencies.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Let me take a look. I did a search here but didn't find it in Railworks.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV