Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BDWorkshop's TS2017 Route

Quote Originally Posted by dphorton View Post
    There are quite a few at RWA that you might use.
    Yes, I made a station model for someone a while back and he returned the favor.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Would anybody happen to know if there are any early diesel era switchers from the LV, DL&W or Erie for TS2017?
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Let me take a look.

At RWA LV ALCo S2, DL&W F7, ERIE GP9, F7A/B, SW1200. I am not sure if these are what you are looking for.
    Last edited by dphorton; 04-19-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Let me take a look.

At RWA LV ALCo S2, DL&W F7, ERIE GP9, F7A/B, SW1200. I am not sure if these are what you are looking for.
    I think I have the DL&W F7, the rest I'll have to check out. Do you know of any RS3?
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I posted a new blog entry today about the Rocky Glen area. I'm planning on getting a lot done this weekend. I'm a little eager to get into the model building phase but I must finish the track work first. Once the track work is finished then I'm moving onto 3rd rails, overhead trolley gear and bridges. More on these topics at a later date.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

I posted a blog update today on the Minooka Branch Line. This was a industrial branch on the Laurel Line. For those on Facebook, I added a link to a old video showing action on the Minooka Branch.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Scott is this the same thing that you were working on before or is this a totally new Route?

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Scott is this the same thing that you were working on before or is this a totally new Route?
    This is all new. The route I was working on before was the northern anthracite route that included all of the Wyoming Valley. While I would love to see the Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley's all mapped out in TS2017, it's a bit too big of a project for any one person to pull off.

This is a 19 mile+ route that is much smaller but with a lot more historical details.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

I'm in the home stretch of track building. I just finished adding the Crown Avenue Tunnel and I'm moving onto the L&WV Scranton Rail yard. I will also be adding on the single tracked Dunmore Branch and the Over The Hill Branch (Former Main Line). These are fairly small branches so they won't take too long to add.
    In my next route building phase I will be moving onto adding overhead wires and 3rd rails and the passage platforms. For the 3rd rail I'm using the academy content 3rd rails. For the overhead trolley line I'm not sure what to use. Are there any older wooden type trolley wire poles out there? I've never seen any. If not I guess that will be my first model to make.

Is there any people out there that have worked with 3rd rails and overhead trolley wires that can give some building advise?
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop