Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: BDWorkshop's TS2017 Route

Quote Originally Posted by buzz456 View Post
    Just a gentle suggestion. I have a external WD ultra passport set for continuous backup and every couple of days I check to see if it's actually doing what it's supposed to be doing. So far so good.
    Actual I have a 2TB WD drive and that is what I did. The problem came about because I wasn't watching which files I was deleting and from which folders. I think what happened is that I save the route files right, but for some reason I went back to the same folder (thinking it was a copy of my route folder on my computers hard drive) and deleted it. Sometimes I just need to slow down a bit during the backup process.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

No, I didn't forget my route plans...I've got side tracked and have been working on a non-train related project for the last month. This project will take another week or so, than I'm back to track building on my route...which is almost done. I'll start a new thread just for my route as I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions when it comes to content creation.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Scott thanks for the update on the Route.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Something I've noticed about these forums...I never seem to get an email notification. I checked my settings and everything is turned on, yet no emails. Is there a trick for getting email notifications that I need to know about?
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Scott are you talking about Subscribing to a Thread? If so look at the Thread Tools under The Thread Name above and select Subscribe.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Yes, It shows that I'm subscribed to the thread, yet no email.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Scott, come to think about it I don't either when you post. Maybe it is something with this site. I do remember when it did work.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Well I finished my project sooner then I thought so know it's on to some route building. Just be aware that I don't get email notifications from these forums, so any question that is asked of me may take a little time to answer.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

I started working on the L&WV Scranton Yard or the Laurel Line Route. This is the northern half of the yard. This end has the passenger station and the freight depot.
    SCRYARD.jpg

Here is the same area in real life 1931.
    1de61be14b38393fa77ed929460041f1.jpg

Next I'll be working on the southern half of the yard. This area has the L&WV car shop and the L&WV powerhouse.
    Scott
    BlackDiamond1964
    BDWorkshop

Great news. Happy Independence Day.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV