Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RouteRiter error

Default RouteRiter error

I am trying to check an old route before continuing to modify it. I did a "check route" in the RR Route utils section and no errors were found. I went to TsUtils and did a ICHK and in the next second this message came:

TS DB-Utility - Vers.: 3.4.05
    All Rights Reserved.
    Copyright (C) 2003-2009 by ...CarlosHR...
    PgmDate: 13.10.2009

ATTENTION! --- This version is an intermediate version (C-20091103)! Please report all problems! ---

Function called from >> OS-system:'windows 7', Version:6.1 <<
    Java-system >> Java-JRE :'oracle corporation', Version:1.8.0_121 <<
    >>TSUtil '-lC:\Program Files (x86)\Route_Riter\Reports\CN-Region-St-Laurent.log' 'ichk' '-S' 'C:\MSTS\Routes\CN-Region-St-Laurent'<<

TSUtil Route-Check selected for 'C:\MSTS\Routes\CN-Region-St-Laurent'!
    ( 15.04.2017 15:56:34 )

---> Route-definition-Description : Definition terminates with concatination-symbol '+'. (Section=0) Line missing!

Route: Route-definition contains error(s) -- Function aborted!

I look in all the file in the main folder of my route and the only place a found a "+" is in the .ref file:

Static (
    Class ( LHW_Steelmill_Objects )
    Filename ( LHW_Orebridge1+Cranerails.s )
    Align ( None )
    Description ( LHW_Orebridge1+Cranerails )
    )

The file name is the same as in the SHAPES folder for the .s and .sd files.

And all that is new to me, since it was a route that i could run. now, i can start MSTS to run it, but MSTS does not like it anymore as it crash if the route is there and it works fine when not.

Has something happened to someone before?

Michel Ouimette

Hi Michel,
    Open up the route's .trk file and have a look at the 6th line. I think it probably looks like this : Description ( "" )
    If so, change it to put a space between the two double-quotes, like this : Description ( " " )

The ICHK routine doesn't like it when there's no description between the double-quotes and throws up an incorrect error message - putting a space there makes it happy

Cheers,
    Ged

right on it, the space is added....thanks Ged

now, possibly for the same reason, why does MSTS just freeze when the route is in the ROUTES folder, remember, i have that route for a long time, played it, and now i am modifying/adding tracks to it and MSTS seems to dislike the route.

Michel

ps: MSTS still freezes with the route in the ROUTES folder
    Last edited by michelouim; 04-16-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Hi Michel,
    No, I don't think MSTS freezes because of the "Description". Does the Route_Riter integrity Check give any errors?

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged,

There are so many errors...i am not certain why. When i installed the route, some problems occured with the DYN tracks and i used Horace to correct them. Now, here are some errors ICHK found:

Global 'tsection.dat' will be checked and loaded
    'Shape(253)-NumPaths': Specified value is 18. Please check range! (Threshold=15)
    ---> 'Shape(14350)-FileName': Shape-file 'A1t0_4mstrt.s' not found!
    ---> 'Shape(14351)-FileName': Shape-file 'A1t0_5mstrt.s' not found!
    ---> 'Shape(14352)-FileName': Shape-file 'A1t0_6mstrt.s' not found!
    ---> 'Shape(14353)-FileName': Shape-file 'A1t0_7mstrt.s' not found!
    and it goes like that for ages finishing by:
    ---> 'Shape(39698)-FileName': Shape-file 'ukfs_s_1x60m.s' not found!
    ---> 'Shape(39699)-FileName': Shape-file 'ukfs_s_1x75m.s' not found!
    128563 Records in global 'tsection.dat'
    maximum section-index: '40000'
    6677 Track-Sections defined!
    maximum shape-index : '40000'
    13536 Track-Shapes defined!

Local 'tsection.dat' is checked and loaded (Bias=(40000,40000))
    'tsection.dat(local)' contains 467 Records'
    maximum Section-Index(local): '40214'
    128 Track-Sections(local) defined!
    maximum Path-Index(local) : '40078'
    77 Path-Definitions defined!
    Those errors, the shape-file missing i can understand, as they are not to be found anywhere. When installing MSTS, i always do as the instructions i found at Steam4me. And MSTS is installed in C:\MSTS, not in the default folder. I have Xtracks 3.2 (i think) and NewRoads 4.0. Both, i think, are the end-user version.

Then more errors:

Structure-Controlfile 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\TD\td_idx.dat' will be checked.
    Structure-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\TD\-00022+00028.td' is checked!
    ---> World-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\World\w-011010+014614.w' is not defined! ('-04b2a65c')
    Sound-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\World\w-011010+014614.ws' is not defined!
    ending by:
    ---> World-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\World\w-010978+014579.w' is not defined! ('-04b80690')
    Sound-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\World\w-010978+014579.ws' is not defined!
    1096 Tiles (including 598 populated Tiles) are defined.
    Tile-Definition missed for 0 Tiles.
    546 populated Tiles contain NO world-file.

for those, i dont know exactly what to do, but it seems i should compare the World files and the tiles in RE.

In the next section beginning with:

World-Files of route 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent' are going to be loaded and checked!
    ---> World-File 'w-010951+014601.w' (Tile = '-04b7e9f4') is NOT marked as populated!
    ---> World-File 'w-010992+014607.w' is NOT marked as populated but Tile '-04b7f800' (.t) exists!
    i find this message:
    No optional Entry 'VDbIdCount' found!
    and i dont know what it means....

there are other messages, and i will try to examine them and find a solution....

thanks for you help

Michel

Hi Michel,
    I can't help with much of that report, BUT, the first part detailing the "a1t" and "ukfs" track sections indicate that you probably need XTracks and definitely need the UK FineScale Track System installed. These requirements should be listed in the route's readme file.
    - Maybe you installed them, then moved the GLOBAL\SHAPES folder ??
    Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 04-17-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Hi,

'Shape(253)-NumPaths': Specified value is 18. Please check range! (Threshold=15)

This is a non-fatal error, occurs with all turntables that have more than 15 track paths.

---> 'Shape(14350)-FileName': Shape-file 'A1t0_4mstrt.s' not found!
    ---> 'Shape(14351)-FileName': Shape-file 'A1t0_5mstrt.s' not found!
    ---> 'Shape(14352)-FileName': Shape-file 'A1t0_6mstrt.s' not found!
    ---> 'Shape(14353)-FileName': Shape-file 'A1t0_7mstrt.s' not found!

These and a number of other short sections and some concrete tie textured sections for AXt (ie a2t2000m1dconc) were made available in the Tsection 044 Beta.

---> World-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\World\w-011010+014614.w' is not defined! ('-04b2a65c')
    Sound-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\World\w-011010+014614.ws' is not defined!
    ending by:
    ---> World-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\World\w-010978+014579.w' is not defined! ('-04b80690')
    Sound-File 'C:\MSTS\ROUTES\CN-Region-St-Laurent\World\w-010978+014579.ws' is not defined!

This can be non-fatal, if the files are empty files, meaning nothing was placed there.

---> World-File 'w-010951+014601.w' (Tile = '-04b7e9f4') is NOT marked as populated!
    ---> World-File 'w-010992+014607.w' is NOT marked as populated but Tile '-04b7f800' (.t) exists!

Semi-fatal only if working the route thru the RGE. Can happen when the RGE does not remove all the tile definitions selected for removal when the route builder tries to clean up the quad-tree. Fatal only if track goes thru there, and the w file is empty.

No optional Entry 'VDbIdCount' found!

Non-fatal. MSTS for years wrote a VDbIdCount, even after it stopped using the VDb system of grouping static objects.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

hi Doug,

how do i get rid of those messages about the shapes? they may be non-fatal, but they are annoying reading the report. as for the empty tiles, i am going to eventually add more when i can go on with the route and use the empty ones as well

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Michel,
    I can't help with much of that report, BUT, the first part detailing the "a1t" and "ukfs" track sections indicate that you probably need XTracks and definitely need the UK FineScale Track System installed. These requirements should be listed in the route's readme file.
    - Maybe you installed them, then moved the GLOBAL\SHAPES folder ??
    Cheers,
    Ged
    Ged,

I have xtracks, but maybe the problem is from the version i am using, the end-user version not the route-builder one.

Michel

Hi Michel,

There are two ways to "fix" the missing shapes.

First (but hardest) is to hunt down every tracks package uploaded here, at UKTrainsim, Elvas Tower, and then use Google to find the UKFS sets. I'm not sure exactly where I got the UKFS packages.

After all that, there's Scalerail and Scaleroads by 3DTrains. After that there will still be payware shapes.

Easiest (but a pita later) is to use Route Riter to make a tsection.dat based on the shapes currently in your Global folder. Last button, second row, MSTS File Utils tab. The Pita occurs if you do add more shapes, but don't run that utility again after adding the shapes.

The tiles 'not marked as populated' will have to be checked in the RGE Quad Tree. If the tile has a X in the Quad Tree, but Route Riter says not marked as populated, toggle the X, save quad tree, then toggle the X back on. Then generate the tiles.

An advisory here. The RGE will wipe out any DEM in that tile if it has to generate that tile, and it had DEM. I would make a copy of the tiles folder and set it somewhere else. then after clearing out the not marked as populated, locate the Hexidecimal name in the RGE, and copy the .t, e.raw, y.raw, and n.raw into the good working copy.

The w and ws not defined I eliminated by setting the camera in the center of the start tile, then jumping from there to the first tile the report has, and placing a tree, and a sound source (gen_mont_rur1 is my choice, chirping birds are cool). Save route, then jump to the next. If the tile center was in water, I set a JP2 fishing boat. (or any available small boat the route has. Partly submerged trees don't work for me.)

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.