I have been looking in the forum as much as I can to try and find ways to install/get MSTS to work on Windows 8.1. I know people will come telling me that Open Rails works just as great, but it doesn't work the same to me. Especially having a lack of scenario/consist editor that I'm used to. I just really want to know, since seeing friends online post pictures in a group chat about old BNSF and ATSF and BN locomotives got me thinking of how awesome it was to use and play MSTS on my computer.

For those who will ask, I have a Toshiba Satelite S955 base model (which specs can be found thanks to cnet on this website: https://www.cnet.com/products/toshib...te-s955/specs/ )

The only difference between this Satelite and mine is that this one says the OS Provided is 8, but it updated itself to 8.1. MSTS is installed using the link everybody always tells you to (Fairly sure it's Steam4Me?). I have seen it works on 7, 8, and 10, but I can't get it to work on 8.1. When attempting to run MSTS, the game does not start up (even in admin mode using Win XP or any previous start-ups, and with and without disc). Editors and Tools is very broken and does not show letters on buttons (only the buttons, and when attempting to load any of the selections, the Editor and Tools screen closes out as usual and does not pull up anything).

If you need me to explain more, I will be on at earliest, Saturday, which will be in a short amount of time as it is Thursday, 9 PM today.

Please, whoever can help, do. I would really like to go back to my roots and get stuff like Surfliner 2 and the purchased Amtrak, Metrolink, and Coaster gear to work again, as well as the hours of downloads I had put into MSTS through TrainSim. Thank you for your time.