Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Isolated Locomotives despawning?

Default Isolated Locomotives despawning?

I created a train with 5 online units and about 7 offline units trailing. After I reloaded the save I noticed the isolated units were missing, but the online locos were still there. Is this a glitch anyone knows about?

-PNWRailfan

Quote Originally Posted by PNWRailfan View Post
    ....... 5 online units and about 7 offline units ....
    What do you mean by "online" and "offline"?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

And what position are they in? You said trailing, does that mean trailing the head end or the rear of the train?
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

By offline I mean not running. Like if I they were being transferred to a different yard or something.

Head end. It was right behind 3 online units up front. Two more DPU's were at the rear.

So they were dead it tow behind the head end 3 locos. I will do some testing and see if I can replicate. If we can replicate it, then it might warrant reporting as a bug but if it's anomalous then probably not but not likely to happen again.
    Doug B.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWRailfan View Post
    By offline I mean not running. Like if I they were being transferred to a different yard or something.
    Oh!
    I automatically read it as being online/offline relating to the internet!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I could not replicate this on my end. Maybe a corrupt train file or something. What route, location, type of train, etc.? Any other details?
    Doug B.

It was on the BNSF Mojave Sub going in the WB direction on a manifest train. Probably somewhere near Boron. Must have been a bug on my end. Strange though.

When saving the file, are you saving as world or the current players train?