Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Locomotive Headlight Light "Splash"

Default Locomotive Headlight Light "Splash"

Can someone tell me if there is any way to increase or decrease the headlight "splash" of light coming from a locomotive. I am currently running an SD70 in TS2017 and the headlights are on, but it is totally dark in front of the locomotive. Enter a tunnel or drive at night and one can't see one's hand in front of one's face. Can something be changed in the files for the locomotive?

Thanks in advance for the help.

We would need more information concerning your SD70. Does it have a headlight as a child in the bin file such as steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets\RSC\HorseshoeCur ve\Lights\F7_Headlight.bin?

Note, there is no space in the word curve, that is implanted by the forum posting and can't be removed by edit.

I'm having the same issue with the SD70Ace models. The headlights are on but there is no headlight glare at all. What does one need to do to fix this?

The locomotive bin file must have a child entry for a headlight in order for a projected light to appear.

Code:
    <cEntityContainerBlueprint-sChild d:id="67382264">
                                <ChildName d:type="cDeltaString">Fwd_Headlight_1</ChildName>
                                <BlueprintID>
                                    <iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
                                        <BlueprintSetID>
                                            <iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
                                                <Provider d:type="cDeltaString">RSC</Provider>
                                                <Product d:type="cDeltaString">HorseshoeCurve</Product>
                                            </iBlueprintLibrary-cBlueprintSetID>
                                        </BlueprintSetID>
                                        <BlueprintID d:type="cDeltaString">Lights\GP7_Headlight.xml</BlueprintID>
                                    </iBlueprintLibrary-cAbsoluteBlueprintID>
                                </BlueprintID>

Can this be copied and pasted to the intended bin or is there another method that must be used to fix the issue.
    Last edited by Claude350; 06-14-2017 at 11:53 AM.

What I did not include was the matrix that locates and orients the headlight. I would suggest that you copy and paste the entire entry from any locomotive that you have that has a light, and then revise the matrix to match your geometry.

In order to use a light as child object you must own the referenced asset.

I have the assets but is very clueless as to fixing the light issue as I'm fairly new to all of this. I do better trying to switch the units out other than trying to fix what should have been fix by DTG. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by peterhayes View Post
    The site states that this particular product is not available.

I suggest you check out MWLAudio for their great mod of both sound physics and light enhancement. It's payware but inexpensive and immersing.