Thread: Starting A New Project...

Lightbulb Starting A New Project...

Before I get into this, I would like to give full credit to Allen Norton and Tim Muir for making the 4-8-4 Northern #2925, this project is a modified version of the TSM File ( sfnorthe.zip ).

It was always a wonder to me about making, or in this case modifying, a 2-10-4 ATSF Texas-type steam locomotive. That's what I'm doing and so far it has been satisfying but there are a lot, and I mean A LOT of problems with what I've had. Showing some screenshots on what I've done so far and I have been successful testing in Open Rails
    SFTEXAS1.JPG
    SFTEXAS2.JPG
    SFTEXAS3.JPG
    SFTEXAS4.JPG

The texturing is modified from the ATSF northerns from either 1944_troop_train_seligman_sub.ZIP or 1944trooptrain-over-gallupsub.ZIP or any other of the troop trains for ATSF routes. The tender is from those files too. Notice the glitched permanent black textures on the blank skin in pic 1 and 2. I tried adding shapes like number boards, more smokebox cover details and animations for the extra rods, BUT I don't know how to add hierarchies. Some tips would be greatly appreciated.

That will be something... No offense, but the textures look like something by leeferr, I can try to make the textures more realistic for you

Quote Originally Posted by ahat8923 View Post
    I can try to make the textures more realistic for you
    Why not finish just one of the many projects you announced first before you start critiquing and correcting others' work? Many folks have shared helpful counsel to you for some time now, why not put some of it to action?

Quote Originally Posted by linkj View Post
    Why not finish just one of the many projects you announced first before you start critiquing and correcting others' work? Many folks have shared helpful counsel to you for some time now, why not put some of it to action?
    Sorry

IDK About you but one engine I wanna see made would be the C&O T1 and the PRR J1