Thread: Upgrading an old favourite

Default Upgrading an old favourite

One of the first packs I ever downloaded when I started here around 2010 was Ted Curphey's bulkhead flatcar set. I'd have run very few manifests since then where at least one of Ted's cars hadn't been in the consist. As I do more and more of my own reskins and take advantage of ORTS capacity for larger size textures though, some of the old favourites like Ted's flats are starting to look a bit worn around the edges. Last year I started work on an upgrade for it but bogged down. Thanks to the wonders of the ORTS FA system, I've now been able to finish my little project off.

Open Rails 2017-05-07 12-17-07 by ORTS Screenshots, on Flickr

Open Rails 2017-05-07 12-17-42 by ORTS Screenshots, on Flickr

New larger textures for the flatcar and also the various loads, wooden bulkheads and better wheels. Now good for another 7 or 8 years running I'm sure.

Open Rails 2017-05-07 08-08-31 by ORTS Screenshots, on Flickr
    Cheers!
    Pete

Looks good. Thanks for sharing!
    Christopher

Some boss stuff right there, Peter!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Nice work!
    Just say NO to Fictional Railroad Foaming...

Thanks for the comments guys, but credit to the ORTS team. It's great being able to give a lot of the older models a facelift with larger textures and particularly replacing wheels in some cases with the multiple FA lines. They're really giving the hobby a shot in the arm.
    Cheers!
    Pete

Sorry for posting in such an old thread but i am hoping to figure out where i might come across the sounds needed for these flatcars?

NAVS freight, track and environment sounds are very reliable, and they sound realistic. All can be found here in the F/L.

Thank you kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by ossie View Post
    One of the first packs I ever downloaded when I started here around 2010 was Ted Curphey's bulkhead flatcar set. I'd have run very few manifests since then where at least one of Ted's cars hadn't been in the consist. As I do more and more of my own reskins and take advantage of ORTS capacity for larger size textures though, some of the old favourites like Ted's flats are starting to look a bit worn around the edges. Last year I started work on an upgrade for it but bogged down. Thanks to the wonders of the ORTS FA system, I've now been able to finish my little project off.

Open Rails 2017-05-07 12-17-07 by ORTS Screenshots, on Flickr

Open Rails 2017-05-07 12-17-42 by ORTS Screenshots, on Flickr

New larger textures for the flatcar and also the various loads, wooden bulkheads and better wheels. Now good for another 7 or 8 years running I'm sure.

Open Rails 2017-05-07 08-08-31 by ORTS Screenshots, on Flickr
    I liked what I saw .
    OPEN RAILS improvements have made the reality of our virtual models much easier.
    very good works
    Congratulations
    Chimbica Dash8