Thread: MSTSBin and reverse points

Default MSTSBin and reverse points

Hi,

I've tried to design several activities (on several different routes) using the cab switch feature of MSTSBin together with reverse points.

When testing, I pull the train forward so that the reverse point indicator nearly disappears off my Track Monitor. When I switch cabs and go the other way, the next signal indicates Stop, and going through results in the activity ending.

Has anyone had more experience with this? I've been working with MSTS for about a year now.

Hi markyisri,
    I pull the train forward so that the reverse point indicator nearly disappears off my Track Monitor.

The reverse point should disappear when you pass over it - if it is still showing on the Track Monitor, then you haven't triggered it.
    If the RP keeps moving as you approach it, it means that you haven't given enough clearance for your consist between the RP and the points it controls.

Cheers,
    Ged

Its a little more complicated than that from my own testing situation can arise where if a reverse point is defined after a platform & before the end of line, and the platform is set up as a passenger stop, the reverse point placement becomes problematic, and has to be fine tuned for every planned consist

Open Rails does not suffer from these real problems at all.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS .........
    On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

...... Eschew Obsfucation .........