Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cima Sub. (UP)

thank you Ged....

Michel

Michel,

I just saw your post... I don't come here often because, well, not too many people have had complaints about the route. :-)

Yes, I had to use Winzip v.21 to create the spanned files; Windows 7 won't do it. Consequently, you'll need an aftermarket program to unzip them.

Did you get it to work?
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

hi Jeff,

thanks for your reply. i was able to unzip the spanned files with 7Zip, as i was told by Ged.

i did explore the route, just a bit, and i am really impress with it. i am downloading some UP cars, both freight and passengers, as well as engines and i will try to create some activities...probably after september.....

thanks for sharing such a nice route.....

Michel

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.
    Jeff

i have started to create some activities using the rolling stock from http://www.siskurail.com/, default stock and stock you can get from here. It should be ready in a week. I've tested it on ORTS now I have to work out some bugs on MSTS.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgremsjr View Post
    i have started to create some activities using the rolling stock from http://www.siskurail.com/, default stock and stock you can get from here. It should be ready in a week. I've tested it on ORTS now I have to work out some bugs on MSTS.
    Looking forward to trying them out; I'm lousy at writing activities. Thanks!
    Jeff

I have found that in activities where one train is longer than the passing track area, each train involved in the meet will get red signals and the signal will only change to green for train that is still located only on the mainline track when both trains are totally stopped and that will allow the train on the mainline track to take the hold track for the meet. Naturally one train must be shorter than the passing track location.

Bob Edwards

Having a problem unzipping files. I run a Toshiba laptop, Windows 7 and using 7Zip to unzip files. After unzipping the downloaded files I found "Cima.zip" right clicked, selected 7-Zip then Extract to "Cima". As soon as it starts extracting it shows error No. 1. C:\Users\Owner\cims\Cima.zip Missing Volume: Cima.z01. It then goes on to show a total of 6002 errors. Opening the Cima folder shows a normal looking Route folder with all the sub folders and other files but most of them contain no data (0kb) Only folders that have files with data are Textures, Tiles, Traffic, World, the only files after that with data are tsec.dat and ttype.dat. It would appear that the data from Cima.z01 did not unzip to the Cima folder as it should. I then downloaded cima1.zip and cima2.zip from the library again but the files were the same size as the originals. I went the same procedure as above using the 2 new zips with the same result. Am I doing something wrong or are there more sinister forces at work here?

Hi jdonald1,
    I doubt if there's anything wrong with the files !
    The 6 files constitute a "spanned zip" archive. You must unpack each .zip file into the SAME folder. When all 6 files are unpacked, open that folder and use 7Zip to run cima.zip - it will automatically pick up the following files.

It's VERY IMPORTANT to always read the readme file that authors usually include. In this case, it's the SPANNED_README_FIRST.txt file - from cima1.zip, or you can do it before you even download anything by clicking "View" on the selection screen!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Here is a video of the activity I'm working on. I am considering changing the F9A with a DDA40X so helpers won't be needed. Please give me your opinion one way or another.