Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Scenes Without Trains

Oh, Rory. How so many of us wish that this route could be released. It's a true work of art!

That's just SIIIIICCCCKKK, Rory!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by wwhall View Post
    Oh, Rory. How so many of us wish that this route could be released. It's a true work of art!
    What's the issue with a release? I missed that bit.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Not too bad yourself Neil
    Rory

I tell you Rory. Between Neil and yourself, I have to start stepping my game up Both You & Neil's work requires one to blink twice. Stunning !!
    - Mark -

Very stunning........
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    What's the issue with a release? I missed that bit.
    Can't release it with payware vegetation items from SLI. I could erase the .s files but that is still break'n the law imo.
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by tie View Post
    Can't release it with payware vegetation items from SLI. I could erase the .s files but that is still break'n the law imo.
    With the paucity of new content that is being released, maybe it's time for the payware and freeware people to get together to figure out a way that a freeware route could be released through a payware vendor, with the payware vendor charging a small fee for the distribution and for the use of payware content contained within the freeware route. To me, that would be a win-win. The freeware people would have a vehicle to release their route. The payware people could sell some of their handiwork that they couldn't otherwise and it would bring customer traffic to their website where they might sell some of the payware vendor's product to customers who might not otherwise "shop" there. If MSTS/OR is to survive, there has to be more content being created whether payware or freeware that can actually be available for people to use. Much as I like seeing the beautiful creations displayed in these threads, if I can't actually run trains on it, it becomes sort of a moot point--I might as well go look at photos of real trains. I buy most every payware route that comes out and I've downloaded many freeware routes, too. That said, I would guess the average age of a route on my computer to be between 6-8 years. Most of the very old stuff I've quit running (with a few notable exceptions) because the graphics, etc. on those old routes just isn't very good to look at compared to what can be done these days.

Quote Originally Posted by wwhall View Post
    With the paucity of new content that is being released, maybe it's time for the payware and freeware people to get together to figure out a way that a freeware route could be released through a payware vendor, with the payware vendor charging a small fee for the distribution and for the use of payware content contained within the freeware route.
    That's a good idea, pending there are customers to buy the product. Since some freeware routes are fictional, SLI and others may not see the benefit in their profit margins. This is a question that should be sent to Trainsimulations or MLT. Maybe they thought about this already. Who knows.
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by tie View Post
    That's a good idea, pending there are customers to buy the product. Since some freeware routes are fictional, SLI and others may not see the benefit in their profit margins. This is a question that should be sent to Trainsimulations or MLT. Maybe they thought about this already. Who knows.

Isn't there a Scenic Sub out there that was handed out for free with lots of 'SLI trees and vegetation'? Provided you are fine with using dds textures they come with, likely making any freeware route OR only.

Not a fan of batch files, but copying over from Kuju payware is what 'this community' did for 15 years. Now its suddenly against the law?